Can't get the signal from Intelsat 20, 68.5 E

minrut

Donating Member
Hi, I am having a problem to getting feed 3780V7120 on Intelsat20. My dish is 240cm. Location - Tbilisi, Georgia. The footprint shows quite good signal in this area.
Any ideas how can I improve my system to get that feed, because it is my first C-Band dish, so maybe I am missing something.

Thank you guys!!

EbenDer

Registered
Hello minrut!

What signal-strenght do you have on other transponders?
Do you receive with this Dish also Ku-Band - or is and was it ever a C-Band Dish?

Which Receiver are you using?

Regards EbenDer!

minrut

Donating Member
Hi EbenDer,
Thanks for your answer!!

This dish is only for C-band.
I am using TBS6925 PCI card as a hardware and DVBdream v 2.8.1 as software.
Other transponders signals are:
1. 3900 V 10370 (Nimbus1) - level 80% / quality 68% (I get these numbers from DVBdream).
2. 3900 H 22222 (Sony ESPN SD) - level 81% / quality 91%.
3. 3974 H 19500 (WB India) - level 82% / quality 98%.

EbenDer

Registered
Hello minrut,

that sounds good fo me - maybe 3780 V 7120 is on a different Beam and not to reach in Georgia!

Regards EbenDer!

minrut

Donating Member
Hi EbenDer,
This (3780 V 7120) frequency is a sports feed. One out of five times I get good signal. Maybe when i can't get it, the broadcaster just gives weak signal? Maybe the bigger dish would help? Or it is possible to make signal stronger some other way?

Thank You.

mrhardylima

Registered
Hi,

Some feeds are on the satellite but in different beams, for example, Eutelsat 28.2E wich have 3 different beams and is only one sat, some channels are on UK beam and i dont get in Portugal and others in france get them.

I hope u get the problem.
Regards

EbenDer

Registered
Hi EbenDer,
One out of five times I get good signal. Maybe when i can't get it, the broadcaster just gives weak signal? Maybe the bigger dish would help? Or it is possible to make signal stronger some other way?

Thank You.

Possible, yes!

Regards EbenDer!