R01: NO CA FOUND

Geir Haukland

Registered
This came up after the box did something when i plugged it in.

Here is what i did.

I setup the DM 800 HD SE to my 4k tv, and plugged in the antennacable from my dish, networkcable as well. Powered up my tv, powered up the DM 800 HD SE, then it came up normally, then it did something, i dont know what, but then it asked if i wanted to reboot, and i said yes, then the message came up in the display as shown in this thread,
R01: NO CA FOUND. I did nothing to it, only the stated above. So, are my DM 800 HD SE bricked or can it be saved?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You need to recover it with japhar flasher see attached.

You will need to use an image correct for your sim type.

If on the rear of your se you have a miniflashup button you can use that to recover by powering down keeping the mini flash up pressed and powering back on. When you see an IP address on the front of your box you can let go of the mini flashup button and flash an image of your choice correct for your sim type.

Geir Haukland

Registered
on the back of my dm 800 HD se i have the following connectors:
service mini usb b
hdmi
scart
ethernet
digital audio
modem
2 x usb A
dc 12 v

Thats all i have on the back.
But i opened it, and removed the hrd drive, underneath that, it is a chip reading A8P and it seems that it is none removable for me, so, whats the miniflashup thing you mentioned???

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok so use the attached japhar flasher to reflash with youll need ehternet and a service cable attached and because your sim is an A8P it will use original images only so use an original image of your choice to reflash it with.

Dont concern yourself with miniflashup your box does not have it.

Geir Haukland

Registered
I did try that, nothing. Powered down my DM 800 HD SE. Connected network cable, powercable again. Started program, asked me to powerup my dm, i did, nothing, it still asks me to powerup my dm, so what next? I think it is bricked, and all i can use it for now is parts, right?

Geir Haukland

Registered
Also noticed on the mainboard, theres 3 red lights turning on. Numbers on the pads the red light is on are: D200 - D202 and D203, those are now red, just next to my onboard fan, which is not turning anymore, dont know why. But anyhow, the box is not responding to any commands, not even the program you provided, none whatso ever. I think the box is dead, and there is nothing i can do about it. Well, except from using it for parts..

Geir Haukland

Registered
I followed this but it stops on 3, nothing happens further, here isw what i did:
1--- Connect USB cable to service slot on DM800SE/DM500HD and USB slot on Pc. Windows will then install the driver

You will notice, windows created a virtual Com Port connection to be be used ( in this case Com Port 4)

2 --- Switch Receiver off and connect Network cable Receiver and Router

3 --- Then Start SunRay- FlashUp, Tick Use Network, Fill the relevant boxes with local pc IP and Romote ip of your choose and click Connect.

Program will ask for you to Switch on the receiver. <- it does, but nothing happens after i do, it still ask me to turn the power on, so what next???

cpr43

Registered
Step 1 and 2 are OK plus you need to connect the box to internet with RJ45 Ethernet cable

Also, you need either:

DreamUP_1_3_3_12 (this is Universal version) or JapharFlasher_1.1 instead of Start SunRay- FlashUp you're using

When you run the program, change the Com port to the one found by your computer. Turn off the box and turn it on while pressing the ON button on the front panel. The box will show you an i.p. address in front. Use that i.p. address and fill it in the Dreamup program box i.p.. You will need to also enter the i.p. from your computer. Once everything is filled hit "Connect", the program will ask you to turn off and turn on the DM. Wait until it is ready. Hit the "FLASH" boton and look for your .nfi image (look for a A8P image as you stated). I hope it helps you

toysoft

Subray-Flashup is for Sim2.. you have A8P sim so it will not be compatible.

Use JapharFlasher that works with all sim.

TS

Geir Haukland

Registered
Step 1 and 2 are OK plus you need to connect the box to internet with RJ45 Ethernet cable

Also, you need either:

DreamUP_1_3_3_12 (this is Universal version) or JapharFlasher_1.1 instead of Start SunRay- FlashUp you're using

When you run the program, change the Com port to the one found by your computer. Turn off the box and turn it on while pressing the ON button on the front panel. The box will show you an i.p. address in front. Use that i.p. address and fill it in the Dreamup program box i.p.. You will need to also enter the i.p. from your computer. Once everything is filled hit "Connect", the program will ask you to turn off and turn on the DM. Wait until it is ready. Hit the "FLASH" boton and look for your .nfi image (look for a A8P image as you stated). I hope it helps you

I did, but there is NO reaction or what so ever on my box, nothing is responding, power off, all black, while power on, i hold the front button next to lcd, no respond, still reading - R01: NO CA FOUND in the lcd, i cant even get pass that point, no respond, no matter what i press or hold down, there is no indication of that the box is responding, even if i type the box ip in web-browser, all i am getting is time out, or not found, there is no connection to the box, even if my ETHERNET cable is connected, and my service cable is also connected, usb a to mini usb b, still no respons, trust me, i have gone through ever step i can think of and all suggestion in this forum, nothing.

Simply, the box is dead, bricked, no use to me other then spare parts, gonna get another box. I do have a regular DM 800 HD genuine box that works perfect. so i can wait for another box to arrive :)

Geir Haukland

Registered
Subray-Flashup is for Sim2.. you have A8P sim so it will not be compatible.

Use JapharFlasher that works with all sim.

TS

Excuse me, sir! what did i just wrote? I said i have tried everything from dreamup and so on, nothing works The box is not responding at all. nada, nothing, sorry, the box is bricked, and thats it.

And by the way, i have all cables were they're suppose to be, including my powercable :)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Excuse me, sir! what did i just wrote? I said i have tried everything from dreamup and so on, nothing works The box is not responding at all. nada, nothing, sorry, the box is bricked, and thats it.

And by the way, i have all cables were they're suppose to be, including my powercable :)

If your struggling and i dont know why with japhar flasher try recover it with Optiflasher youll need to google to find that.

Just to get you going here is image for your sim

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/nightly/dm800se/openatv-6.4-dm800se-20191103.zip

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I did, but there is NO reaction or what so ever on my box, nothing is responding, power off, all black, while power on, i hold the front button next to lcd, no respond, still reading - R01: NO CA FOUND in the lcd, i cant even get pass that point, no respond, no matter what i press or hold down, there is no indication of that the box is responding, even if i type the box ip in web-browser, all i am getting is time out, or not found, there is no connection to the box, even if my ETHERNET cable is connected, and my service cable is also connected, usb a to mini usb b, still no respons, trust me, i have gone through ever step i can think of and all suggestion in this forum, nothing.

Simply, the box is dead, bricked, no use to me other then spare parts, gonna get another box. I do have a regular DM 800 HD genuine box that works perfect. so i can wait for another box to arrive :)

And have you selected the com port correctly if you dont you wont get a connection.

Setup japher flasher with correct com port and ips

Then power off box.

Click connect on japhar flasher then power on box.

If you have set the correct com port and IP's it should connect and allow you to flash.

Geir Haukland

Registered
And have you selected the com port correctly if you dont you wont get a connection.

Setup japher flasher with correct com port and ips

Then power off box.

Click connect on japhar flasher then power on box.

If you have set the correct com port and IP's it should connect and allow you to flash.

CAN not select any other com port then 1, there is none other, and thats it. How the heck do i get it to use another port thats not there? just askin you know, how to get a secret com port to work when its not there? You see my point? good, now tell me how to get that secret comport you are speaking of?

Geir Haukland

Registered
If your struggling and i dont know why with japhar flasher try recover it with Optiflasher youll need to google to find that.

Just to get you going here is image for your sim

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/nightly/dm800se/openatv-6.4-dm800se-20191103.zip

I think you mean this: " https://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=306190 " well, i give that a try, but again, what if this dont work either, what then? Bricked box? Yup, sure is, can't be anything else, "aight"

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Its not bricked.

Establish a connect with the correct setting and it will give you an IP to flash with.

Geir Haukland

Registered
I HAVE the bgox IP, I HAVE the pc IP, still won't flash anything, it wont communicate at all with the box, its locked down good, nothing works with it. Can't even shut it down with the remote. Sorry, sir, but i think its bricked, and i am about to give this one up.

I have another dreambox, but its only a genuine dm 800 HD, and this works just fine. I even upgraded the bootloader so it coulod use more new images, and it does. So i think i'll stick to that for now, but thnx, sir!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Is the box IP displayed on the front of the box on the small screen ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If you are getting the IP on the front screen then enter that IP into your browser and flash that way.