The Israeli 'YES' package on 4 west ?

dostoy

Registered
Is it possible to receive the signal of the channels in the Israeli 'YES' package in the UK ?

I am in the East of England and I wondered if anyone knew exactly how big a dish was needed to get them.

Is a 1.8/2 metre dish going to be big enough or is a 2.4 metre dish needed or do you need a 3 metre dish or maybe larger ?

Does anyone have any good info about this ?

Thanks

dostoy

Registered
Is there anyone in the south east of England with a 2 metre dish or bigger that can get a signal from any of the 'YES' transponders on 4 west ?

Thanks

william-1

Feed Hunter
YES TV is on the Middle East Beam of Amos-3
https://www.flysat.com/amos.php

Even if you had a very large dish reception is not possible in the UK due to the characteristics of this tight beam,

See the footprint map below:-

Last edited:

dostoy

Registered
Thanks for the replies.

I knew it was difficult but I didn't know it was impossible, regardless of dish size.

What about the Mediaset Italian package of multistream channels on 9 east ?

12149 V 31400 is one of the transponders.

How big a dish is needed for those in the UK ?

manic01

Super VIP
Thanks for the replies.

I knew it was difficult but I didn't know it was impossible, regardless of dish size.

What about the Mediaset Italian package of multistream channels on 9 east ?

12149 V 31400 is one of the transponders.

How big a dish is needed for those in the UK ?
lyngsat flysat satbeams etc all give footprints, maybe take a look your self been at it long enough lol

Last edited:

dostoy

Registered
I have already done that.

Its not clear exactly how big a dish is needed to get the signal in England.

I wondered if anyone was getting a signal from them, where they are and how big a dish they have got.

I would never ask on here without looking myself first.

manic01

Super VIP
I have already done that.

Its not clear exactly how big a dish is needed to get the signal in England.

I wondered if anyone was getting a signal from them, where they are and how big a dish they have got.

I would never ask on here without looking myself first.

Wont bother to help again.
Bye

Adam792

Registered
The problem you'll have with either the Middle East beam of 4°W or the Italian beam of 9°E are that there are other interfering beams using the same frequencies.

The Nordic beam of 9°E uses most of the same frequencies as the Italian one, so as the UK is between the two - however big a dish you get you'll just make both beams stronger and they will interfere and cancel each other out. If one is slightly stronger than the other it'll be the Nordic one I would have thought, especially in the East - so you'd maybe get a weak signal on that at best.

Same for 4°W - Pretty much all the Israeli Yes frequencies are also used on the European beam of Amos. As that's targeted nearer to the UK, that's all you'll ever get - no matter how big a dish you use.