Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Octagon 8008

Octagon SF8008

Old 07-01-2020, 12:15  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Octagon 8008

hi, can anyone say for sure, if the powervu channels will clear without the need for stream relay on a Octagon 8008.

thx
Old 07-01-2020, 12:40  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzardboy7 View Post
hi, can anyone say for sure, if the powervu channels will clear without the need for stream relay on a Octagon 8008.

thx
Yes, they clear without stream relay, no need of that for this box.
The Following User Says Thank You to dxn For This Useful Post:
hazzardboy7 (07-01-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 00:08  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

update, octagan arrived today, it works well powervu works with no stream relay needed as i was kindly told, its fast as well, ive not found one issue yet, apart from my tripe card reader wont work with it for some reason, it keeps losing the cards, othert han that, im happy with it.

Has anyone used a micro chip on one of these, and not a usb stick, or usb hard drive, if you have any problems, im thinking of maybe getting a 500 gig or larger one, anyone know of any problems
thanks
Old 09-01-2020, 00:41  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

update, octagan arrived today, it works well powervu works with no stream relay needed, its fast as well, ive not found one issue yet, apart from my tripe card reader wont work with it for some reason, it keeps losing the cards, othert han that, im happy with it.

Has anyone used a micro chip on one of these, and not a usb stick, or usb hard drive, if you have any problems, im thinking of maybe getting a 500 gig or larger one, anyone know of any problems

Lastly has anyone used a usb hard drive with the size of 1TB on this octagon, i wonder if this is to big.
thanks
Old 09-01-2020, 01:20  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

no they work just fine thanks to usb 3.0
Old 09-01-2020, 13:52  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
update, octagan arrived today, it works well powervu works with no stream relay needed, its fast as well, ive not found one issue yet, apart from my tripe card reader wont work with it for some reason, it keeps losing the cards, othert han that, im happy with it.

Lastly has anyone used a usb hard drive with the size of 1TB on this octagon, i wonder if this is to big.
thanks
I have conected a usb hard drive 2TB, works just fine.
Microship is good if you want to use with multiboot.
Old 09-01-2020, 23:11  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

thanks, got the new hard drive working

i have another problem, but i dont think its going to get fixed, unless its a driver problem.

here is the problem its driving me round the bend, a few years ago, I brought a octagon 4008, and a years before that a dreambox 800se.

The problem im having is my triple smargo reader, its the orange cased version, i have downloaded the usb drivers and inserted the 3 cards, all works fine, all 3 cards decode, however they keep freezing, and when i look at the oscam log, i can see the reader has lost the card, then the card is back again and i have a picture, this happens about once every couple of mins, if i remove all 3 cards,and just have one in the reader, it works fine, also if i use 2 smargos (one in each usb port i get no problems)

Ive used this triple reader in both the octagon 4008 and the dreambox 800se, with no problems, any ideas, it seems the new octagon 8008 dont like it, the problem is i have 3 cards, and only 2 card readers now, as the 3rd usb slot is being used by the hard drive.

Is any one aware of any problems with these triple card readers with this 8008 box.

I tried this afternoon, putting the triple reader back on the older octagon, and it worked no problems, for over an hour.
Im using the latest version of open vix image on both octagons

thanks

Last edited by hazzardboy7; 09-01-2020 at 23:16..
Old 15-01-2020, 13:51  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Quote:
thanks, got the new hard drive working

i have another problem, but i dont think its going to get fixed, unless its a driver problem.

here is the problem its driving me round the bend, a few years ago, I brought a octagon 4008, and a years before that a dreambox 800se.

The problem im having is my triple smargo reader, its the orange cased version, i have downloaded the usb drivers and inserted the 3 cards, all works fine, all 3 cards decode, however they keep freezing, and when i look at the oscam log, i can see the reader has lost the card, then the card is back again and i have a picture, this happens about once every couple of mins, if i remove all 3 cards,and just have one in the reader, it works fine, also if i use 2 smargos (one in each usb port i get no problems)

Ive used this triple reader in both the octagon 4008 and the dreambox 800se, with no problems, any ideas, it seems the new octagon 8008 dont like it, the problem is i have 3 cards, and only 2 card readers now, as the 3rd usb slot is being used by the hard drive.

Is any one aware of any problems with these triple card readers with this 8008 box.

I tried this afternoon, putting the triple reader back on the older octagon, and it worked no problems, for over an hour.
Im using the latest version of open vix image on both octagons

thanks
This is an Issue with the Smargo readers which cant be fixed besides by the smargo team
Old 15-01-2020, 18:51  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg20050 View Post
This is an Issue with the Smargo readers which cant be fixed besides by the smargo team
ok thanks, just strage works fine on old octagon, 4008, but not the new 8008 version.

I have now brought 3 smargos and a usb hub, and now all working again.

thanks