How to align my new dish perfectly

TheKingTF

Registered
Hi all,

I am based in the South East of England and currently have an 80cm Dish. The wall mount is simply an L Bracket so I am looking at getting a K&T Bracket to replace this as well as upping the dish size to 98cm.

What is the best way to align the dish? I have never been able to pick up feeds from 7e or 10e, I simply cannot see them when manually scanning.

On top of the T&K Bracket, does anyone have a specific method I should use when aligning the dish? I suspect the dish has become slightly unaligned as I now can no longer receiver any channels from 30w (Sport TV Portugal etc.) I just simply do not receieve a signal (0%, 0.0Db)

Ideally I would like to put the new mount and dish up and make the chances of me being able to recieve feeds from 7e and 10e as high as possible. I believe I should be able to recieve them without any issues.

Thanks,

Thanks for your time.

Tesfer

Registered
There are many guides on line and in the satellite forums to do this. Best to find a guide, put up your dish, and if stuck ask a specific question.

One big tip helps. If you have enigma 2 box (that covers most boxes you would use for feed hunting). Download a web interface app onto your phone or tablet.

The app I use for a VU box can be set up to display your video. Then go into the Tuner set up and select signal finder.

Go outside with your phone/tablet and you can then move your dish slightly by hand and see what affect it has on the signal.

This will tell you how your dish is misaligned - whether it is too high/low or too far east/west.

suesue123

Registered
even a 1.2 channel master will not get all the feeds on 7 and 10 east
I have 1.2 and 1.5
the 1.5 gets the all, but not 1.2

Tesfer

Registered
I have not had any problems with any 7°e or 10°e feed on my 1.2 metre dish located in SE UK.

I can only report about feeds that I have been interested in, that excludes many other feeds which are reported.