100.5E Asiasat 5 Feeds

yenchenje

Registered
Hi everyone, as I'm new here, I would like to ask where can I find BISS Key updates? As I'm looking to tune into Asiasat 5, and I have checked Satbeams and it has EastAsia/Global/Indochina/SouthAsia, does it matter which beam I use? As I have plan to use Global but it needs a 150cm dish which is hard to obtain but the Indochina beam Ku only needs a 60cm dish. From my location, I need either a 150cm and 60cm. As I'm very new to this, I would appreciate any tutorials on which beam and hardware I should use. Especially for LNB and DVB tuner.

tsaxena2685

Registered
Hello there,

Welcome to the club.
On satbeams, you also have footprint option where you can select the beam that you want to target, then click on your approx location on map, it will show you the size of antenna required (provided the beam has coverage in your location).
In this way, you can check coverage of different beams available to you.

About the keys, there are multiple channels which might have different keys or different encryption methods. If the channel has available biss encryption, then you can search across forums, but remember not to ask for keys of forums which don't promote breaking encryption.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

yenchenje

Registered
Hello there,

Welcome to the club.
On satbeams, you also have footprint option where you can select the beam that you want to target, then click on your approx location on map, it will show you the size of antenna required (provided the beam has coverage in your location).
In this way, you can check coverage of different beams available to you.

About the keys, there are multiple channels which might have different keys or different encryption methods. If the channel has available biss encryption, then you can search across forums, but remember not to ask for keys of forums which don't promote breaking encryption.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Hi, nice to meet you, and right now I have something that I'm quite curious about. As I've checked Satbeams, and there's 4 types of beam that is mentioned in Satbeams 100.5'E latitude, East Asia, Global, Indochina and South Asia. May I know does it matter for whichever I use? As I can't receive East Asia and South Asia beams from my locatian, the only beams I can receive is Indochina and Global. For Global, I've checked from my location and they require about a 150cm/59.1 inch dish for an EIPR power of 40dBw, but for the Indochina beam, I would only need a 60cm/23.6 inch dish for an EIPR power of 50dBw. Does it matter which I use or not? And for the BISS key, I think the channel and frequency I'm looking for has been the same over the years, even the encryption key. Is there a chance for it to be changed without it ever being leaked?