Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Equipment

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Looking for easy to lock frequency on 7e

Satellite Equipment

Old 12-11-2021, 20:06  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 32,697 Times in 7,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRoe View Post
I brought the 1.2m to the roof.got 8.4db for a feed.11811 v 7200.
Very windy so kept coming and going.8.4 was the highest i saw.for the Iranian channel i was getting just under 14.11221 h 27500.
Campag5242 what did you get on 11811v 7200 the other day or today if you scanned it?
11011 maybe?
campag5242 (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 20:08  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Yes Vakula.
I was about to edit it.good spot.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeRoe For This Useful Post:
vakula (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 20:13  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 13,468 Times in 2,192 Posts

Ah yes, that'll be it Valkula. I've logged IMG twice today:
Code:
7.0E 11011V00  7200  9.5dB [email protected]                   IMG A EU (CM5000) Golf: Women's Amateur Asia Pacific Abu Dhabi UAE
7.0E 11011V00  7200  8.8dB [email protected]                   IMG A EU (CM5000) Basketball: Turkish Airlines EuroLeague
IMG A EU is on the lower power output today: shows that your dish is usable for feeds (and can surely be aligned better once in its final location).
The Following User Says Thank You to campag5242 For This Useful Post:
vakula (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 20:59  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Awesome.
I will try it again tomorrow on the roof.
Then raise it above the glass on the balcony.Does the wind reduce signal,might be a stupid question?
Old 12-11-2021, 21:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Have 74% on 11011 atm. for IMG A EU feed.
barney115 (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 21:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 3,487 Times in 553 Posts

Great to read your making progress joe
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archiesat For This Useful Post:
barney115 (12-11-2021), JoeRoe (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 21:16  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 13,468 Times in 2,192 Posts

74% of what? Man I hate receivers which indicate signal strength like that. What does it even mean, other than the bigger the better? Is it consistent across different boxes?

Wind can reduce signal by pushing your dish out of alignment if the dish is not fixed well. Often it'll bounce the dish around causing momentary signal loss, with the signal level bouncing up n down. Obviously, the bigger the dish, the more the effect. Over-engineer everything in the mounts *beyond* what you think you might get away with.
Old 12-11-2021, 21:27  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by campag5242 View Post
74% of what? Man I hate receivers which indicate signal strength like that. What does it even mean, other than the bigger the better? Is it consistent across different boxes?
I'm really sorry. Don't have box with strength in dB.
campag5242 (13-11-2021)
Old 15-11-2021, 18:52  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hi guys, jus to let you know i followed your advice and am now able to get feeds. I just haven't figured out how to watch them I reaised the dish higher and spent a long time moving it to maximiase the signal.I inserted the haupage tuner card into my PC and am now looking to download software to watch the feeds.Any recomendations?
I'd like to thank you all for your help, without some of the advice on here i would have gave up.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeRoe For This Useful Post:
barney115 (15-11-2021)
Old 16-11-2021, 04:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

What Hauppauge card have you got. If it’s an old model try something like ProgDVB. There’s a free version you can download but has certain limitations. The TBS cards are used mainly here for feed hunting.

I thought you were using the Amiko on your setup.