TM5402 MK4

Status
Not open for further replies.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
it was supposed to happen back in August 2020 but that never happened due to Covid-19 and restrictions .
It may still happen but is doubtful anyone will rush to buy it due to the sheer lack of support for any of their devices ,
Technomate have fallen well short of customer requirements and expectations as far as Sat boxes are concerned they want the fast cash without the hassel of supporting it there is just far better recievers already on the market so whatever they had planned still will fall short so i would imagine they have scrapped this idea altogether .

william-1

Feed Hunter
I did not believe it when I saw it advertised on the satellite superstore nothing new with TM as they continue with broken promises & lies :eek:

manic01

Super VIP
I did not believe it when I saw it advertised on the satellite superstore nothing new with TM as they continue with broken promises & lies :eek:
Could it be any worse than the dreadful TM5402 M3?

Satellite superstore don't even have a pic or spec for the TM5402 M4, but are taking pre orders at £124.95 lol
So you can pre order a spoof receiver without any spec for the bargain price of £124.95
You could not make it up

Last edited:

william-1

Feed Hunter
Could it be ny worse than the dreadful TM5402 M3?

Satellite superstore don't even have a pic or spec for the TM5402 M4, but are taking pre orders at £124.95 lol
So you can pre order a spoof receiver without any spec for the bargain price of £124.95
You could not make it up

That all depends on the software/hardware writing ?
When I pointed out the errors of the TM5402HD M3 to Technomate adding loads of transponders that did no exist on 16 east,
Then they tried to tell me that I was picking up Amos @ 17 east for the added transponders in the 11700 to 12500 part of the Ku band,
At the time there was no active satellite @ 17 east,
If there had of been I would have needed a dish over 240cm in size,

It will take a lot more than a TM write up to convince me that they have got it right this time with the M4.

manic01

Super VIP
That all depends on the software/hardware writing ?
When I pointed out the errors of the TM5402HD M3 to Technomate adding loads of transponders that did no exist on 16 east,
Then they tried to tell me that I was picking up Amos @ 17 east for the added transponders in the 11700 to 12500 part of the Ku band,
At the time there was no active satellite @ 17 east,
If there had of been I would have needed a dish over 240cm in size,

It will take a lot more than a TM write up to convince me that they have got it right this time with the M4.
SD pic quality was shocking
Had so many things wrong with it
To sum up the M3

The SD pic is crap, The cccam/newcamd needed updating as it didn't open all packages available on cs, it's not 4k it's not multistream, it doesn't auto update powervu biss etc, iptv set up is poor, no built in wifi, etc etc.

And just to add, the owner told me on numerous occasions that they were more interested in the Trade sales than forum members or the man in the street concerning their stb's as 95% of their business was done through the trade.

Well lets see how that pans out in this day and age of iptv, cheap multistream stb and cheap legit subs to dazn etc.
They went away and left all their loyal members with no support and now want to sell a product again which is far from cheap for a closed linux stb.

Can you buy a stb and be sure of any support, At least from WOS the support is forth coming even if they dont manufacture anything

Just to add further, I am still using a TM5402 M1 and it still runs fine, one of the best stb they ever made along with the TM1500!

Last edited:

william-1

Feed Hunter
People are still having problems with the M3,
No Blind Scan because of the added transponders from 42East on the East beam that we cannot get in the UK with a 100cm dish,

Plus hundreds of other dead transponders in the data base due to poor software / hardware writing that has never been corrected,

Poor SD picture due to the upscale not working :eek:

The TM5302HD was improved thanks to a software re/write that I suggested & to this day there is no better satellite receiver for making accurate satellite charts,
Still a few errors but at least it is workable,

That cannot be said for the TM5402 M3 no software upgrades now for several years so how can we trust that the M4 will have software back up to remove the possible errors ?

Last edited:

cementmixer

Registered
Thanks for all the info. I've had an M2 from when it was released.For me the M3 was awful, a real piece of crap, but he M2 i've never had a problem with reliability,still working perfectly. If the M4 is released i'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt. Damn the consequences.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Thanks for all the info. I've had an M2 from when it was released.For me the M3 was awful, a real piece of crap, but he M2 i've never had a problem with reliability,still working perfectly. If the M4 is released i'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt. Damn the consequences.

Looking forward to some positive feed back for the M4 & hopefully Technomate have re-written the software/hardware & not recycled the M3 corrupted material.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Couple of pictures here. Watching with interest as I have had a few Technomates in past:
http://www.technomate.com/store/
That looks to me like another failed Linux box by technomate they were not scarce when we talk about Technomate :rolleyes:

it looks nothing like a TM5402 and its Linux which technomate have failed many times with in the past ...i have zero confidence with that box .

Booting time from power off takes less than 25 seconds, up to 4x faster than previous models
Total BS :p
MY old TM5402 M3 HD Boots up in well under 20secs so that crap does not fill me with any sort confidence whatsoever :rolleyes:
No mention Sat M.I.S ?? Blindscanning no mentions either and Twin tuner which very likely a friggin' nightmare to move a Disecq dish .

Nope,NO And Nope !! :( :mad:

manic01

Super VIP
That looks to me like another failed Linux box by technomate they were not scarce when we talk about Technomate :rolleyes:

it looks nothing like a TM5402 and its Linux which technomate have failed many times with in the past ...i have zero confidence with that box .

MY old TM5402 M3 HD Boots up in well under 20secs so that crap does not fill me with any sort confidence whatsoever :rolleyes:
No mention Sat M.I.S ?? Blindscanning no mentions either and Twin tuner which very likely a friggin' nightmare to move a Disecq dish .

You are looking at wrong stb my friend.

Here

http://www.technomate.com

Fully MPEG-2, MPEG-4, HEVC, H.264 & H.265 Compliant
DVB-S & DVB-S2 QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK Compliant
Output resolution: Full HD 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i
1x Smart Card Reader & 1x Common Interface (CI) slot
HDMI Output
Dolby Digital Plus compliant via optical S/PDIF output
20,000 TV & Radio Channel Memory
2x USB PVR Ready Ports via a USB-powered external device: Rewind/Forward, Timeshift (Pause Live TV) & Record channels
Compatible media files: .3gp, .avi, .dat, .flv, .mkv, .mov, .mp4, .mpg, .m2ts, .ts, .vob, .flac, .mp2, .mp3, .ogg, .wav, .bmp, .gif, .jpg
USB compatible with WiFi & 3G Adapters (not included)
Record up to 2 channels (on the same transponder) and playback a file at the same time via USB
Fast software download & channel List upload/download via USB 2.0
Ethernet Port
Detailed hardware Blind Search
Scart Output with RGB and CVBS support
Super sensitive tuner for very weak signals and weak transponders
Less than 1 second channel change
DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 (USALS) compatible
PLL type RF-Modulator (Ch. 21- 69) and UHF tuning
Enhanced Favourite channel list groups and sort function
Auto Navigation system - select as many satellites as you want to search automatically
Extended EPG and programme reservation on EPG
Fast & easy-to-use menu system
Channel Editing by: Favourites, Lock, Skip, Move & Delete
Channel sort by: All, Alphabet, Transponder
Parental, Installation & Receiver password lock
Multilingual OSD Menu: English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Suomi, Turkish
Support for multiple audio language broadcasts
Automatic digital satellite signal detecting function
Manual transponder editing
Supports PAL/NTSC systems
Parental Control
SCPC & MCPC receivable from C/Ku band satellites LNBs supported: Universal, Single, Single S & C band wideband LNBs
4:3 & 16:9 screen formats
Timer & multi-event timer functions
Automatic FEC and PID detection and manual entry of PID values
Loop through tuner and satellite
Real time clock
Teletext & Subtitle support by OSD and VBI
LNB short circuit protection onboard
Software & channel list upgrade via RS-232C: PC to STB, STB to PC, STB-STB and USB
1W Standby power consumption option
1.2m HDMI Cable included
Dimensions: 300x80x310 mm (wxhxd)

Last edited:

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Box is not available for sale yet probably wont be next monday either but until that happens then obvious no firmware is going to appear and it is unlikely Technomate will provide much support either
USB 2.0 ?? NO USB 3.1 ?? :confused:
NO M.I.S support :confused:
Full HD 1080p ..no 4K UHD ?? :confused:
NO IPTV ??
ETC..ETC..
other than the 20K channels capacity what exactly is the difference than a bog standard TM5402 M1/2/3 ???
TO ME A Cheap $40 CHINA BOX OFFERS As Much and more :mecry:

william-1

Feed Hunter

Totally agree with this there are better satellite receivers available for under £50 The Octagon SX88+ series are very reliable,
I would not risk £100 + on this unproven receiver as barney 115 said Technomate have failed many times with Linux & from my experience the back up for Technomate receivers has a very poor track record now:(

The TM5402HD M4 is one to avoid :eek:

Xede

Registered
I cannot get Auto-biss working on my box. All it ever says 'Updating Biss key, please wait....' but never clears despite leaving it for ages and trying on numerous different feeds. I've run updates, box is connected via ethernet and working (can download updates and watch youtube), i recently moved to a new ISP and router but no joy.

Can anyone think of a reason why it might not be working? Is there anything I am meant to be doing to make it work or could be doing wrong (deleting biss keys to make space or adding any servers under 'server setup' etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.