Harddisk is unable to initialize

r_akas

Registered
I have dm8000 orginal box , just flash with new DREAM ELITE 2.1 image .. Image is recongnise hard disk MODEL: ATA(WDC WD10EVVS-63M). Capacity : 1000.204 GB. BUS : Internal.
but when i tried to initialzing harddisk , always get this message : ( unable to initiaze harddisk. Error : mount failed
plz need help

EsRgood4u

Registered
Do a FULL reboot and not a e2 restart! I had the same problem with the Dream Elite 2.1 dm800 image! Full reboot fixed it! Hope this helps!

A1000TON

Registered
I have dm8000 orginal box , just flash with new DREAM ELITE 2.1 image .. Image is recongnise hard disk MODEL: ATA(WDC WD10EVVS-63M). Capacity : 1000.204 GB. BUS : Internal.
but when i tried to initialzing harddisk , always get this message : ( unable to initiaze harddisk. Error : mount failed
plz need help

Try first like this :
menu, system, device manager, mass storage

If you see your HDD name on the left, select the hdd, use the "right" arrow on remote and chose /media/hdd, press ok !
Now go back to menu, system, device manager, harddisk, initialization , press ok and press Red to initialize, if you get a error, just make a complet reboot.
After the complet reboot, you should see that the hdd is mounted correctly.
Now to record :
Open DCC got to /media/hdd and check if you see a "movie" folder inside.
If the folder is not present, on the /media/hdd folder, right click and chose "new folder", type "movie" save and exit.
... and it's working !

Good luck

:thum:

gilesrm

Registered
Doesnt work for me

Doesn't work. Still the same problem.I created the "movie" directory manually as you suggested.

Last edited: