Can you upload Cccam.cfg to Orton / Opticum x403p?

newtocs

Registered
Hi All

These boxes seem to be a better alternative connection wise to the Openbox S10 but don't seem to have as much support. I just had a couple of questions if anyone knows the answers:

1) is it possible to upload a Cccam.cfg file to these boxes in the same way as for the Openboxes? (I know how to use the editor to enter the details but that is a pain.)
2) is it possible to upload a channel list to the box via the USB port (I have seen the Ali Editor program but using the RS232 port is a bit of a pain).

Thanks in advance

VideoCrypt

Registered
Hi All

These boxes seem to be a better alternative connection wise to the Openbox S10 but don't seem to have as much support. I just had a couple of questions if anyone knows the answers:

1) is it possible to upload a Cccam.cfg file to these boxes in the same way as for the Openboxes? (I know how to use the editor to enter the details but that is a pain.)
2) is it possible to upload a channel list to the box via the USB port (I have seen the Ali Editor program but using the RS232 port is a bit of a pain).

Thanks in advance

1> I have been playing with my Opticum x403p box and have not yet found a way to upload anything into the firmware itself. The closest I've come is a piece of software called STBHD_LAN_MM (the LAN MM bit stands for LAN Memory Manager). it is supposed to let you access the firmware on a box with the ALI3602 processor but I can't get it to connect via LAN (although somebody suggested using an RS232 null modem cable at the same time as the cat5 LAN cable??? Haven't tried this yet.
It's obviously possible to access and mod the firmware somehow judging by the amount of modded firmware out there, I'm just not sure how to do it.... yet ;)

2> As for the channels You can dump the firmware in your box to USB the dump will contain all of your channels. You can also choose to import the channel list only from a firmware dump. So I presume you can upload the channels from other firmware dumps, but I haven't yet found a way to export the channels as a separate file.

VideoCrypt