Oscam new method for PowerVu key

jdavid22

Registered
Hello again, thanks for your answers, I currently have 2 Vu + devices (Duo and Duo2) the first one with problems to open PV (it only opens 121w without problem) so I have using the duo2 which until now has worked very well, for these equipment would not affect anything if you used the new method, right? Thank you

nautilus7

VIP
that you have a reason to ask ;)

is just better and faster for oscam to read less data from key file

Plus it just looks silly to have the same key 10 or 20 times in the softcam.key... :cool:

Something similar has been done for biss with the 00 and 01 keys...

fcs001fcs

Registered
When using the new method for keys, make sure the transponder hash is what the Emu actually produces/searches for.

In other words if you have your channels in a slightly different frequency (e.g. 12655 vs 12654) you need to use the proper hash for your box.

Enable debug level 2 to display it.

I am using OSCam r11514-795 for AFN 9E but cannot see the namespace hash in the log @ debug level 2.

Can someone provide a screenshot or other indication where I can find it? Thanks.

nautilus7

VIP
The new method is not "officially" released yet.

You need a newer oscam-emu, probably a 11517-795 binary compiled from the guys here, or wait until 1151xx-796 is out.

bad_access

Registered
I am using OSCam r11514-795 for AFN 9E but cannot see the namespace hash in the log @ debug level 2.

Can someone provide a screenshot or other indication where I can find it? Thanks.

P 9798A8F2 GROUP 0090 ; 9.0E 11804V27500
P 0090FFFF 00 00000000000000 ; ECM Key
P 0090FFFF 01 00000000000000 ; ECM Key

ducomico

Registered
New method of softcam.key and oscam settings work with my ,,clock, and AFN, and PowerVu, SIS packages. And all this on VU + Solo SE V2

fcs001fcs

Registered
The new method is not "officially" released yet.

You need a newer oscam-emu, probably a 11517-795 binary compiled from the guys here, or wait until 1151xx-796 is out.

Thanks, that makes sense since I am using a build from another site. Will try yours and see how it goes.

fcs001fcs

Registered
Just a quick comment with the new PowerVu key system.

I have 4 VU+ STBs that I setup OSCAM Readers & User Connections in my home network so I can share the PowerVu keys if needed. I leave 1 STB on an AFN channel so it always has the correct keys and there is no delay on the other STBs when I go to an AFN channel. It shares the keys to the other boxes until an EMM Auto-Roll writes the new keys to that particular STB.

This function is not working in the new setup as the STB without the current keys is asking for a particular "SRVID:CAID@PROVID" (0069:0E00@000000) from the STB with a current key but the key it has in the SoftCam.Key is P 0900FFFF 01 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Not a big deal waiting for the new keys to Auto-Roll but thought I would mention it in case it was an easy fix.

nautilus7

VIP
This should be a limitation of the protocol the 2 boxes are connected together (cccam, newcamd, etc).

I don't know what it requires to get fixed... I haven't ever looked at this part of the code.

ro_54

Registered
It takes twice the time to find the keys then the previous method and is still displaying wrong name of the channel (nbs sports with beeinsport, etc).
i do not see any advantage having a smaller size keys file over the longer time to find keys !

dxn

Registered
here also works fine and fast the previous method of updating keys.
So I will stick with the old method for now.

dxn

Registered
Anyonne tryed last version 11518 R796? works with both methods old and and new or only with new method of updating keys?

cpr43

Registered
Where do you look or find the Transponder hash calculated automatically by OSCam-Emu in dreambox Models?? Thanks

sonicss

Registered
go into web interface, go into live log, switch debug to level 2, and watch the live log, and it will show the channel hash.

xsat

Registered
OSCAM 11518 R796

Latest version "11518 R796" ware working both old and new methods on my DM920..
Both methods of old and new are worked updating keys.

Really great!!

fcs001fcs

Registered
This should be a limitation of the protocol the 2 boxes are connected together (cccam, newcamd, etc).

I don't know what it requires to get fixed... I haven't ever looked at this part of the code.

@nautilus7

I use protocol Cs357x (Camd35 UDP) sharing between Vu+ STBs on a home network using OpenATV 6.3 and OSCAM OSCam r11518-796. This is to allow 1 STB to be on AFN always and have the current keys ready to go with no wait for the channel to clear on the other STBs until the new keys are written to their SoftCam.Key file.

I have reverted to the "Old" PowerVU SoftCam.Key setup since the "New" setup cannot handle the sharing via Camd35 UDP protocol as the "Old" PowerVU SoftCam.Key setup can.

I would like to use the "New" PowerVU SoftCam.Key setup since it will substantially reduce the bloating of the SoftCam.Key files.

Any hope that this can or will be fixed in the near future?