DM8000HD help needed

imaswine

Registered
I have just dusted down my DM8000HD receiver after a few years to experiment with newer images especially the iptv function and now I seem to have bricked it.
I had the Opendroid firmware installed from around 2016 but when connecting via web browser to reprogram a different image the facility to flash wasn't available, just an interface to download opendroid ipks etc.
I did a factory reset which has resulted in a bootloop and now I cannot connect at all although I can get to the 'stop' function by holding down the relevant button.
Is there anyway to recover the receiver or is it a bin job? Any help appreciated but I am trying to borrow a laptop with a serial port which is a scarcity nowadays.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
When you get the stop on the front screen does it display an IP address and are you connected via ethernet cable you can not reflash via wifi.

imaswine

Registered
It displays DCHP not an ip address, I do know what ip address that I originally put in. I have tried connecting using a usb/serial adaptor and I have tried using a direct connection from laptop via ethernet cable but all failed.
I also found a usb stick which came with the receiver from new which I thought was a recovery stick but just contained 3 empty folders so I am completely at a loss now.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You need to connect a ethernet cable between the 8000 and a router the router will then give it an IP.

imaswine

Registered
Thanks for the info, my router is at the opposite end of the house to the receiver so will have to move things around.
I will try later tonight and let you know.
Once again many thanks.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the info, my router is at the opposite end of the house to the receiver so will have to move things around.
I will try later tonight and let you know.
Once again many thanks.

It will work so dont worry.

toysoft

You can also use Japharflasher with a RS232 cable to restore.

DM boxes arenot breakable, always possible to recover (so definitely never bin a DM box),

TS

imaswine

Registered
Thanks for all the info it's much appreciated, I have fixed it eventually but the only software that would connect to the receiver is Optiflasher. I will try again this evening to see if anything else will connect now the receiver has been recovered.

imaswine

Registered
I rescued an old laptop running windows xp from my local recycling site and under xp everything works once more, even one of my old usb/serial adapters will connect. Best £5 I have spent for a long while, time to have some fun again.
Under win 10 LTSC, even though the receiver is now up and running, Optiflasher is still the only software that will connect. I have even tried all types of compatibility mode back to xp sp2 to no avail. That's progress for you.