Tuner STV0903 problems with e2

pacilius

Registered
Have you/they replaced me the tuner with the model Sharp DVB-S2 STV0903, unfortunately with enigma2 the signal in receipt doesn't overcome 40% how come?

The problems with the channels HDs (blocks and freez continue) are tied up to the Tuner in matter!

Good Evening to everybody:mecry:

Princemads

Registered
Have you/they replaced me the tuner with the model Sharp DVB-S2 STV0903, unfortunately with enigma2 the signal in receipt doesn't overcome 40% how come?

The problems with the channels HDs (blocks and freez continue) are tied up to the Tuner in matter!

Good Evening to everybody:mecry:

I have the same problem, no channel over 40 %, but all channels working fine in DGS based images.

igalj

Registered
e2 out

After I tried almost all versions of E2
(Except for USB)
All had serious problems with HD
I installed the new UFM IMG on IPBOX910HD.
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=136162
In the meantime works fine no problem with HD .
reception level back to normal.
incu cam Much more stable.
The Stb not warming.

Conclusion
With all due respect and appreciation of E2 developers and they deserve respect and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them I think that the simple user like me still has no stable version of E2.

Repzak

Registered
Hello all,

Any news on this issue?, i have same problem..

I will just mention the tuner is from ST and not Sharp i believe.

ST STV0903

Kasper

elov

Registered
The tuner STV0903 is indeed from Sharp and it has some serious issues with E2. Rumors have been told that developers are working on a fix but nothing has been confirmed nor a timeframe.

cisoftware

Registered
Same problem here. E2 gives me poor reception at about 45-50% and BER goes throug the roof. On the original image works fine for SD but none of encrypted HD channels would work.

cisoftware

Registered
I have installed the UFM image mentioned and still no luck with HD channels. Will try hardware mod to the tuner mentioned by my dealer, but need to wait for the capacitors to turn up

Bart

astons2

Registered
Could you pls. put some pictures what exactly needs to be done?
What's the value of capacitor?
Thanks!

cisoftware

Registered
22uF 6.3V. I can't attach picture here. This mod has been confirmed today by AB Com. I can mail the photo of the mod if someone wants it that way. Basically when you remove your tuner module on the back of pcb there will be a ground field and row of 7 pins followed by space and another 3 pins. As you look at it the pins will be above the gnd field close to the edge of the pcb. 2 capacitors need to be placed between pin 7 and gnd field and the next pin after space and gnd field.

Hope that helps.

Bart

Pr0metheus

Registered
I don't think it has anything to do with capacitors, as an DGS based firmware (NLB, ABCom) does not suffer this issue. I see problem in new driver.

Pr0metheus

Registered
Enigma1 HD developer for IPBox confirmed issue with Sharp tuners included in new DVBs - they are working on a new driver.

mario sat

Registered
use this

minisharp.jpg

Last edited:

cisoftware

Registered
I Have moded my sharp tuner and on the PKT 6.01c HD works fine.
It is getting better!!! Now waiting for new improvements.