Missing satellite channels on search

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
motor elevation i agree it should be 39 degree possible a little more even .
Dish Elevation is always somewhere between 19-24 your dish is already quite high up if it was ground mounted perhaps it might be a bit more .
you have a perfect opportunity now with L Bracket to place the bracket a little bit either side now and you likely will get 30W before your obstruction is a factor a good installer will be able to work that out very quickly for you : )
Sport klub is on 16E nagra3 encrypted i will look tomorrow see if i can open it here and upload a screenshot .
no reason you can not get this 16E signal is easily obtained with your dish size .

how do you know that my motor elevation is a bit too high?
that question is simple i am looking at your pics and at the sky mini dishes near by even though your dish is on a motor and they are fixed dishes its still a good guide ,
its near impossible with your current bracket to get the motor square on it which is why its really near impossible to make the dish track well with a heavy L Bracket its a hell of a lot easier and faster too and wind will never be a factor either .
your on the right track and having the right bracket makes a huge difference i am sorry if i confused you

This bracket is the one i would always use =>
Code:
[URL="https://www.satellitetv.ie/l-shaped-wall-bracket-33cm-60mm"]https://www.satellitetv.ie/l-shaped-wall-bracket-33cm-60mm[/URL]

it looks big and ignorant but its built to last and wind wont be a factor i can get 42E-34.5W
THESE SATS YOU SHOULD GET Without any real difficulty when your dish is up on the L Bracket and tracking

42E,39E,36E,33E,28.2E,23.5E,21.5E,
19E,16E,13E,10E,9E,7E,4.8E,1.9E

0.8W,3W,5W,8W,15W,22W,27.5W,30W [ depending on obstruction/s ] ,34.5W and depending on obstruction/s again...

good luck :thum:

chris0147

Registered
​Okay, I have spoke to my sat installer he said that he have setup the dish elevation as 22.6 degree and motor elevation 39 degree. Is that correct?

So what if he don't find anything wrong?

Could that be the issue with the motor setup on the receiver?

If the problem is the motor setup on the receiver, do you know what I need to do to get it to setup correctly?

As for the bracket, I have spoke to someone who have got the same bracket as mine. He said that it do not make any difference, if mine doesn't work then his dish wouldn't work too.

Can you please send me the pics of sport klub 2 and 3 with the frequencies??

I want to see the frequencies so I can check on mine.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Your friend is not giving you any great advice and sounds confused :confused:
That bracket you have will be an issue for you until its replaced its that simple a good bracket means everything to a motorized sat dish just ask any member of this forum they will all say the same they even would most likely advise a T & K Bracket which is the best possible option of course .

Sure you can try put everything as your installer advised you to do and see what you can find i doubt you'll have a lot more luck than your having at the moment BUT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE ;) .
you can try play with motor settings on your receiver perhaps you might have some luck after you make those adjustments as your installer has given you at least you know what your correct motor and dish settings are now so after you do that then you will know for sure if its your sat receiver what sat receiver you have anyhow i do'nt think you mentioned it ??

This is a few screenshots i took on 16E Sport Klub channels ,
as you can see signals are very high and my TBS Qbox usually shows a lot lower signal that what i do actually get ,
i am using my smaller 78cm Triax dish on a Technomate 2600 motor
and there is no issues locking on anything @ 16E never is either ....i'll try tomorrow and see if i can get a few pics taken of my 78cm dish and L Bracket and TM2600 motor :thum:

SPORT KLUB 1/2/3 PICTURES :) =>

chris0147

Registered
Lol no he doesn't get confused, I have showed him the pics and he showed me his dish. His wall mount looks the same as mine. He get all channels with no problem. I don't think it make any different of getting l bracket and the bracket I got. I have checked on my wall mount and my wall mount is vertical so I don't see what is the problem.

I will ask my sat installer that if the bracket is the problem after he adjust the dish and the motor that I still get the same old problem.

If the sat installer find nothing wrong with the dish then it could be the motor setup in the receiver. Do you know what motor settings I need to adjust in the receiver and how I can adjust it for each satellite?

I'm using octagon sf8008 set top box and the image I use is openatv 6.4.

If you can give me an instruction how I can adjust the motor settings in the receiver that would be a great help.

Last edited:

jenseneverest

Registered
:hammer: Wow, if we now combine the 2 threads on 2 forums (possibly more) we will have 6 pages of the same issue, well i am now out of advise and patience. Good luck

manic01

Super VIP
:hammer: Wow, if we now combine the 2 threads on 2 forums (possibly more) we will have 6 pages of the same issue, well i am now out of advise and patience. Good luck

I realised he was a wind up from the pm's he kept sending me.
Good luck @barney lol

chris0147

Registered
Your friend is not giving you any great advice and sounds confused :confused:
That bracket you have will be an issue for you until its replaced its that simple a good bracket means everything to a motorized sat dish just ask any member of this forum they will all say the same they even would most likely advise a T & K Bracket which is the best possible option of course .

Sure you can try put everything as your installer advised you to do and see what you can find i doubt you'll have a lot more luck than your having at the moment BUT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE ;) .
you can try play with motor settings on your receiver perhaps you might have some luck after you make those adjustments as your installer has given you at least you know what your correct motor and dish settings are now so after you do that then you will know for sure if its your sat receiver what sat receiver you have anyhow i do'nt think you mentioned it ??

This is a few screenshots i took on 16E Sport Klub channels ,
as you can see signals are very high and my TBS Qbox usually shows a lot lower signal that what i do actually get ,
i am using my smaller 78cm Triax dish on a Technomate 2600 motor
and there is no issues locking on anything @ 16E never is either ....i'll try tomorrow and see if i can get a few pics taken of my 78cm dish and L Bracket and TM2600 motor :thum:

SPORT KLUB 1/2/3 PICTURES :) =>

My sat installer came to my place today and he have adjusted it, so he got it working when he use 19.2east using with correct longitude and latitude.

I have tried to tell him that I have to use 0.8west first to balance it but he said that when he adjust it all channels should work but some channels you can't get it as it will get blocked so you have to pay.

When he left I can't get the signals for 0.8west so I have changed the longitude from 1.388 to 3.88 nearly most channels are working but some channels have no signals, e.g canal 9 HD, some c more channels have no signals. Do you know what I need to do?

My sat installer said that I need to adjust on the receiver as I need to go on positioner setup and move the position between east and west to improve the signals.

lojze1953

Registered
I don’t know I think the nearest southern satellite needs to be optimally tuned and if we get all the frequencies then we talk about engine settings if it doesn’t work well on the others.

chris0147

Registered
​I have just checked on the manual and realised that my sat installer did not make a mistake.

In the motor manual it say that when the latitude is 51,the motor elevation should be 39 degree, motor angle should be 7.4 degree and dish elevation should be 22.6 degree.

Please see the picture

IMG-20201130-234810.jpg

chris0147

Registered
But I have put the wrong latitude and longitude on the receiver as my sat installer told me to change it

william-1

Feed Hunter
My sat installer came to my place today and he have adjusted it, so he got it working when he use 19.2east using with correct longitude and latitude.

I have tried to tell him that I have to use 0.8west first to balance it but he said that when he adjust it all channels should work but some channels you can't get it as it will get blocked so you have to pay.

When he left I can't get the signals for 0.8west so I have changed the longitude from 1.388 to 3.88 nearly most channels are working but some channels have no signals, e.g canal 9 HD, some c more channels have no signals. Do you know what I need to do?

My sat installer said that I need to adjust on the receiver as I need to go on positioner setup and move the position between east and west to improve the signals.

That is the biggest load of B@ll@(Ks I have ever heard ask for your money back.
What sort of horse was he riding :D like a lot of the so called installers they only know how to set up a mini dish motorised systems are beyond them but they will not admit it :eek:
He probably does not know that there are satellites west of 5 east :D

Last edited:

chris0147

Registered
Yeah I agree. I have been told that so many installers are like him who doesn't have a clue.

I can't get my money back because he have installed the dish to put it on the wall.

I'm going to buy a folding ladder to do it myself. Before I do some adjustment I have got questions to ask you.

Do I need to move the dish to 0.8west and reset the motor and set the motor to zero?

Can you give me step to step with what I need to do to make some adjusts?

That is the biggest load of B@ll@(Ks I have ever heard ask for your money back.
What sort of horse was he riding :D like a lot of the so called installers they only know how to set up a mini dish motorised systems are beyond them but they will not admit it :eek:
He probably does not know that there are satellites west of 5 east :D

william-1

Feed Hunter
If you live in the East of England then 1 west is your reference satellite.

Set up guide for maximum signals on a motorised dish

Part-1​
1/Pole must be dead vertical in 360 degrees (use a spirit level ), ​
2/ Dish mounted dead central on the motor spigot,​
3/ Motor set at the correct Elevation for your location for maximum signal at your reference satellite,​
4/ Motor at zero on the scale when aimed at your reference satellite,​
5/ Dish Declination set for maximum signal at your reference satellite,​
6/ Lnb set in the correct position for max signal(Move Lnb fully forward & Back while viewing a meter for max signals)​
7/ Site dish so that you have an unobstructed view of the Satellite Arc,​
8/ Tighten all bolts when you have achieved maximum signal on all satellites in your Satellite Arc.​

Last edited:

chris0147

Registered
Thanks for your help.

Yes I live in the south east of of England. I'm going to move my dish to 0.8west and I will set the motor to zer0.

Do I need to reset the motor?

I'm not sure what is the correct settings for my dish elevation and my motor elevation.

On the motor manual it say that my dish elevation should be 22.6 degree, motor elevation should be 39 degree, motor angle should be 7.4 degree and motor latitude should be 51 degree.

But on dishpointer.com it say that my dish elevation should be 23 degree, motor elevation should be 39 degree, motor angle should be 7.4 degree and motor latitude should be 51.2 degree.

I'm not sure what is the correct settings for my dish and motor?

Do I also need to change my latitude and longitude that it say on dishpointer.com??

If you live in the East of England then 1 west is your reference satellite.

Set up guide for maximum signals on a motorised dish

Part-1​
1/Pole must be dead vertical in 360 degrees (use a spirit level ), ​
2/ Dish mounted dead central on the motor spigot,​
3/ Motor set at the correct Elevation for your location for maximum signal at your reference satellite,​
4/ Motor at zero on the scale when aimed at your reference satellite,​
5/ Dish Declination set for maximum signal at your reference satellite,​
6/ Lnb set in the correct position for max signal(Move Lnb fully forward & Back while viewing a meter for max signals)​
7/ Site dish so that you have an unobstructed view of the Satellite Arc,​
8/ Tighten all bolts when you have achieved maximum signal on all satellites in your Satellite Arc.​

william-1

Feed Hunter
Set your receiver settings to your Latitude & Longitude
https://www.latlong.net/

The scales for the Dish Declination & Motor Elevation are not an accurate scale so to find your correct motor elevation at your reference satellite while viewing either the satellite signal on your receiver or via a signal meter to achieve maximum signal @ 1 west,

Setting up a motorised dish Part-2​

A normal motorised dish installation is very straight forward for receiving the major satellites 42 east,39 east,28.2 east,19.2 east,13 east 5 east 1 west 5 west & 30 west,​
But the feed hunter is looking for feeds that are sometimes very weak signals so the dish/motor set up is more critical than a normal installation,​

I have found this method to be the most successful after you have established that the pole is dead vertical,​
The dish is mounted dead central on the motor spigot,​
Your motor elevation is set for your location (use as a guide only) & maximum signal was achieved on your reference satellite by altering the the dish declination & USALS settings of Longitude & Latitude then check out the Lnb position in the Lnb holder is giving you the best possible signal by moving the Lnb fully forward & back to achieve this whilst viewing a signal meter we then move on to stage two,​

As the scales for the motor elevation & dish declination are just a guide & not an accurate measuring scale so with the Longitude & Latitude can be altered slightly to improve your dishes ability to track the arc more accurately as with all guides you may find a slight variation on my finding will enable you to track the arc more accurately,​

To improve your motor's capability to track the Clarke Belt / Geostationary Satellite's on the Arc make sure that the Motor has been clamped in the correct position to make tracking the arc accurately possible,​
Try this to find out if your dish is set up correctly:-​
Go to 30 west or the furthest West your dish will travel now while viewing a signal meter lightly flex the dish back at the top if the signal goes up or down make a note of this now do the same with the bottom of the dish & make a note of what happens,​
Now go to 36 east or the furthest East your dish can travel & flex the dish as above,​

If your findings are that the signal gets better on the East satellites when the dish was flexed back & the signal gets better on the West satellites when the dish was flexed forward then the motor is fixed to the wrong place on the mast to correct this change your USALS @ your reference satellite from say 0.07 Longitude to 0.4 Longitude now slacken off the motor fixing bolts & move the motor a few mm either way to achieve maximum signal,​

Now check you East & West satellites again for maximum signal if it is better then tighten up your Motor at the new position if not then change your USALS to 0.0 Longitude now slacken off the motor fixing bolts & move the motor a few mm either way to achieve maximum signal,​
Then check your East & West Satellites again for maximum signal.​

Once you have established that you are tracking the Arc more accurately you can fine tune your dish / motor set up by changing USALS by 0.3 to 0.6 from your current best setting then slacken off the motor fixing bolts & move the motor a few mm either way to achieve maximum signal,​

Settings for my location should be Longitude 0.07 East & Latitude 51.7 North but I track the arc more accurately with Longitude 0.4 East & Latitude 51.7 North as I said scales are just a guide line & you must use your own common sense & judgement when setting up a motorised satellite system to track the arc as accurately as possible.

Last edited: