FAQ Install AltDVB

Liquor Twát

Registered
Hi,

Does the repack version work OK with Windows XP or are there problems with codecs and drivers with windows XP?

AHMAD ALBAHETH

Registered
What is benefit or reason to use WDM driver and not use BDA driver with SkyStar 2 express HD card ?

Any good reason ?

The answer will shock you
when use WDM driver instead the BDA
First with WDM it easy to change channel from sat to sat for Fixed Dish the signal will be good
and the Card working more powerful as WDM but with BDA it will not feel it powerful card
That what I found by testing it with all DVB-S player
WDM with
1- prog dvb
2- DVBViewer
3- dvb dream
4- Alt dvb
5- Also with my theater (WDM driver working very good)
not work with Windows 8.1 for some reason
I can't found the way to fixed with compatibility
not worked also

Testing in dvd dream was very good

rV3Oq.jpg

8URtA.jpg

ebODo.jpg

07Fde.jpg

For Alt dvb

lkcb.jpg

14h8.jpg

n40f.jpg

Liquor Twát

Registered

The answer will shock you
when use WDM driver instead the BDA
First with WDM it easy to change channel from sat to sat for Fixed Dish the signal will be good
and the Card working more powerful as WDM but with BDA it will not feel it powerful card
That what I found by testing it with all DVB-S player
WDM with
1- prog dvb
2- DVBViewer
3- dvb dream
4- Alt dvb
5- Also with my theater (WDM driver working very good)
not work with Windows 8.1 for some reason
I can't found the way to fixed with compatibility
not worked also

Testing in dvd dream was very good
What do you mean "more powerful", stronger signal, better TS file for Crypt8, better picture ???

Liquor Twát

Registered
yes man that's it

Hey man, what's it, easy to say better everything and more powerful but you not give details.

I don't think that it is any better, you just say more powerful but you not give details, for me no more power, just the same as BDA driver until you give details and examples

AHMAD ALBAHETH

Registered
Hey man, what's it, easy to say better everything and more powerful but you not give details.

I don't think that it is any better, you just say more powerful but you not give details, for me no more power, just the same as BDA driver until you give details and examples

yAelUV.png

MfEFRg.png

u4yX8g.png

JqNzyj.png

dahaka

Registered
The weak signal is a well known problem at skystar2 BDA driver , i don't use BDA driver because of that (at dvbdream).

Liquor Twát

Registered
OK, so the SDK driver gives a reading for the signal level for SkyStar 2 express HD, is that the only more power it got ??

The signal level is still OK without the SDK driver, its just the meter scale that indicates low, the card still gets the signal OK.

What other more power this driver got, any ??

AHMAD ALBAHETH

Registered
OK, so the SDK driver gives a reading for the signal level for SkyStar 2 express HD, is that the only more power it got ??

The signal level is still OK without the SDK driver, its just the meter scale that indicates low, the card still gets the signal OK.

What other more power this driver got, any ??

hi man I give you details if you like to use the SDK Driver
if you don't use it
play with BDA drive and be happy

P.M I see you need to focus in Pic for DiseqC with BDA not work
with SDK it working fine

after this reply I'll not answer any more

coz I see you Disrespect me through your reply

PowerVu+

Registered
I have installed AltDVB Star Edition II for my SkyStar HD2 PCI DVB-S2 Card, but although I choose "Technisat Mantis DVBS BDA Receiver" when running AltDVB, but when I want to scan for channels or when I use other people's channel list, NONE of them have any signal!!!

I do not use DiSEqC switch port, so only one satellite dish is in use, but I don't understand why other DVB Players like DVB dream or DVBViewer or ProgDVB work, but AltDVB don't.

Would you please help me with this?

piotro

Registered
Hi.

Why ALTDVB dont save radio stations. I scan transpodner, see radio stations on it but when i save, radios dont show on channel list.

gotya

Hi.

Why ALTDVB dont save radio stations. I scan transpodner, see radio stations on it but when i save, radios dont show on channel list.

ofcourse it will not show up because you already disabled it

activate it as pictured attached

AHMAD ALBAHETH

Registered
I have installed AltDVB Star Edition II for my SkyStar HD2 PCI DVB-S2 Card, but although I choose "Technisat Mantis DVBS BDA Receiver" when running AltDVB, but when I want to scan for channels or when I use other people's channel list, NONE of them have any signal!!!

I do not use DiSEqC switch port, so only one satellite dish is in use, but I don't understand why other DVB Players like DVB dream or DVBViewer or ProgDVB work, but AltDVB don't.

Would you please help me with this?

for you card its supported and you can use it with Alt DVB by
using WDM driver

LXXqL3d.png

use my Repack, is it has all Device support updated please test it

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=1235588&postcount=13

anto@

Registered
same transponder altdvb old version encrypted channels
new version all channels are FTA
even if they are almost all encrypted
quele is the reason for this difference