What is the best 100cm Dish ?

william-1

Feed Hunter
Well I thought my OP Gibertini 100 XP was better than some of the dishes I have tried over the years,

These included a 100cm Andrews & 100cm Orbital,

The Gibertini performed best over the 10.7 to 12.75 Ku band with a Smart Single Universal LNB Titanium Edition; 0.1 dB, Diameter 40 mm

william-1

Feed Hunter
That was a few years ago I have since tried several other Lnb's the best was the Inverto Black Ultra 0.2,
I took a photo of the Gibby with the IBU & the comments came back that I had the Lnb too far forward in the Lnb holder well it worked for me so I left it,

Then a few days ago some Lnb tests here with a couple of Lnb caught my eye so I tried them on the Gibby & they did not work very well ?

This was the Golden Media 201+ & the Inverto Premium PLL

So I thought back about the Lnb position & decided to saw 23mm off the end then bolt the Lnb holder back on well if it did not work I could always add the sawn bit back on ,

But to my astonishment the new Lnb's performed very well.

Signals that were not there before now boomed in,

I then put the Inverto black ultra back on but this time much further back in the Lnb holder & the signals were vastly improved also the rain fade was less as the Lnb was getting more signal in its new position on the shortened Lnb arm.

https://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=315374&page=5

Last edited:

Xede

Registered
Has anyone tried the primesat dishes? Currently have the triax TD110 but it's old so considering replacing. Wondering if the Primesat 1.1 might yield better results?