TM 5402HD M3 Not Powering on, Power Board Issue?

SatelliteDudette

Donating Member
Hey Everyone :)
I recently brought a TM 5402 M3 for myself (for a guest bedroom) having brought my Technomates in the past for my Bros and Sisters and Family in general.
So Anyways I brought it on ebay but unbeknownst to myself and to the 6 other buyers that brought the other "like new" receivers that the private seller was selling they were all defective as they all complained on the feedback.
initially i thought it was the plug's fuse but 3 plugs later i came to the conclusion that it was the Power board inside the TM5402 M3.
I telephoned Technomate and they told me to send them the box but as I am in Ireland and the costs of both sending it there, them fixing the power board and having them send it back to me wouldn't be financially worth the bother.
I own about 9 Technomates (8 work, 3 in continuous use and 5 in attic storage), I know it wouldn't be possible to swap the power board from a TM 6900HD, TM 7100HD or a TM 8000HD because the power boards on them are larger and the screw holes on the board are different compared to the TM5402 M3's but would it be possible to swap a power board from any old TM 1000-5000 Series because for me i see this as a better alternative and money saving too :D
Thanks in advance for whatever help I will get! :)
Amelia

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i have the TM 5402 M3 never had a problem with power
it may be "like new" but support ended several years ago so only good for limited use like blind scanning and FTA and for 4:2:0 BISS feed hunting .

i'm not sure if TM 1000-5000 Series has the same power board
they became obsolete several years before TM5402
i do know quite a few members here on this forum will know the answer for sure however ,
hopefully you mange to get it working but if not there is far more advanced boxes available for around same price these days which you likely will have much more success with as Technomate brand is pretty much dead and obsolete these days : )

SatelliteDudette

Donating Member
Thanks for your input barney :)
It's so sad that Technomate are on a downward spiral now.
TM always made great boxes in the past.
in my attic room i have a TM1000D to my retro gaming panasonic quintrix
and it's still working perfectly.
like you i use my TM's usually for blind scanning feeds and because STAB USALS (1.5m motorised) works for me better on my TM's than with my Vu+ Duo2 box
(Yep I know it is crazy for someone to rather a TM6900HD to TM8000HD over a more superior receiver like Duo2 :D)
I contacted a person from Westmeath that Technomate's staff member gave me his mobile number as he was a certified TM repairer but he too told me that for what i wanted to do with repairing the TM5402's PB would cost as much as buying a secondhand one on ebay because the PB (fully assembled) was expensive at €65 new for the PB.
All I can do is hopefully find a similar M3 used on ebay for next to nothing and to take the PB out of it to put in mine.

william-1

Feed Hunter
I still support the TM range of HD receivers with channel lists & guides to setting up,
But as barney115 mentioned there is better equipment available today,
The Octagon SX88+ is a very versatile HD receiver & can do almost everything that your TM5402HD M3 can,

The SX88+ can also resolve multi-stream tv something that Technomate never got around to producing despite loads of feedback from myself,
You will not be disappointed with the SX88+ it also has a very good Blind Scan,

This is the latest list of Multi-Stream TV received here in the UK & Western Europe,
http://en.satexpat.com/mis/

Most of these channels are Free to Air in this format including France TV TF-1 & all the other France 1-2-3-4 ect + Rai 1-2-3 Sports ect these TV channels are encrypted in the regular format.

https://www.flysat.com/e5wa.php

You can buy one of the SX88+ & other receivers like this for under £50,
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=309111&page=2

Last edited:

SatelliteDudette

Donating Member
Hi William and Thanks for your Input! :)
My TM's would be lost without you as I download your channel lists whenever you upload them and I put them in most my TM's that have USB data transfer :)
Thanks for your suggestion about the Octagon SX88+.
I will deffo buy one next month and put it to the limit! :)
I have TNTSat and Fransat and Tivusat but after many years of having to get replacement cards after their 4 year limit is done and the 1 year limit on my HD+ cards from germany.
it makes real sense and is a no brainer to just get the SX88+ for the MIS alone and to save on the cards.

william-1

Feed Hunter
The Satellite Eutelsat 5 West A @ 5° West is due to be replaced later this year with EUTELSAT 5 West B,

But no worry's as the new satellite has even better coverage for the Europe & The UK than the current satellite :thum: