Optibox 550s

schveky

Registered
Please help !
I am new in satelite technique , and bought this Linux based box by recomandation . Some one PLEASE help mi with this , I dont know how to use it (where can I input the keys , how and which SW or FW to put on it becouse it is old - 05.2008 ! ) ?

ptdvod

Registered
clone of DM500S, feel free to throw everything at him from DM500S, tested and works better than the Chinese

SROPTIBOX_v.jpg

Last edited:

strapabiro

Registered
Hi, sorry for hijacking this thread, but seemed a bit old anyways.
I just bought and Optibox 550. The store whom i bought had the guts to put the latest gemini stuff to it with mgcamd 1.31 and cccam 2.11 prolly changed it's mac or so, i dont get it yet this is my first linux based box, im still learning.
I have some questions if someone would be that nice to answer them... thanks in advance.
So ... I managed finally to stream the channels trough lan, but if i change the channel during lan streaming the box dies, i have to power down and back ...
If i'm surfing the gigi channels the mgcamd often restarts and it wont let me change the channel till it's restarted fully.
Browser streaming doesnt work for me ... it shows only a black background and "waiting for video" showing only, i've tried on 2 pc's and different browsers with vlc addons/plugins installed.
With configured ngrab it still says that i dont have enough free space for recording, when i made 30 gig of dedicated free space for it, funny the recording starts anyways and it never stops unless i power it down again ...
And this is just few of the problems. Now my additional question would be, if these problems mentioned are there because it's a clone, or pretty much this is the great gemini? (Or i did something wrong?!)
Any help would be great, links, ideas, quotes, yelling, etc :D
Thanks again in advance.

ptdvod

Registered
I use it 2 months and I can only say words of praise,
my original MAC address is 00:09:34 xx xx xx I put him in the original Gemini 4.60 & CCcam 2 1 2
everything works without problems ,
should know that he does not have much memory so you do not need to inject it too plugin

strapabiro

Registered
Thank you Janicar for the fast response. That was my first idea too, the memory but it has 45% free memory.
I have not put any plugins on it, just the hungarian language.
For now i would be happy if i could get the Web-X-TV working ... :(. I don't know what's up, every plugin, addon, codec is installed. I tried with direct pc link or trough router too, but same thing... black page with "Waiting for video" on it ... Is it working for you?

Last edited:

LuMilaniS

Registered
Is better solution to buy this one, or the Optibox plus with ethernet dongle?
Which one you recommend?

Mickynapoli

Registered
i'm searching a dreambox clone.

And i have read this post.

@janicar
can you tell me the price and where i can buy the optibox (or similar devices clones from the dreambox) ?

Or maybe you can tell me about diverent very good Dreambox Clones with HD?

Thank you

Last edited: