System OE: OE-Alliance 2.4
Distro: ViX4E2PROJECT
Firmware version: 1.0.007-blue

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

What's new in this build

SWITCH TO DEFAULT BLUE HD SKIN - Many thanks to Rossi2000 for original Blue HD Skin Design

UPDATE E2 TO MATCH NEW DEFAULT SKIN - Various defualt setting changes to match skin layout

UPDATE E2 IN PREPERATION FOR NEW MAKES/MODELS - Various makes/models added to the range soon...

INCLUDE SAMBA AND NFS SHARES - Installed by default so shares are instantly visable on local network

INCLUDE NTFS-3G - Installed by default so any connected NTFS HDDs are 'seen' by default

ENSURE FULL COMPATIBILITY WITH DVBSKY T330 - With all supported MIPS E2 receivers (GigaBlue and EVO)

INCLUDE rt3070 USB WIFI DRIVERS - To ensure it's compatible with all Amiko WiFi Dongles 'out the box'

UPDATE UNIVERSAL FEED - Ready for additional plugins to be added to the server which are universal to all supported makes/models. For future use with channel lists, picons and universal third party plugins

Complete online image flash, backup and restore options are available - meaning you can update to the very latest version, keep your settings and all without the need to leave your chair! (see below)

CURRENTLY SUPPORTED RECEIVERS AMIKO ALIEN MINI (ALSO FOR SHD-8900 ALIEN), AMIKO ALIEN 2+, EVO ENFINITY, GIGABLUE 800SE PLUS, GIGABLUE 800UE PLUS, GIGABLUE QUAD PLUS, GIGABLUE IPBOX AND OPTICUM AX-ODIN
DOWNLOAD USB IMAGE UPDATES HERE

AVAILABLE AS ONLINE DOWNLOAD/FLASH DIRECT FROM THE RECEIVER MENU
Blue Button > ViX4E2PROJECT > Image Manager > Downloads

YOU ARE ALSO ABLE TO BACKUP EXISTING SETTINGS WITH THE OPTION TO RESTORE TO THE NEW VERSION IMAGES EITHER AT FIRST BOOTUP AS PART OF THE SETUP WIZARD (just perform the backup, flash the new image and you'll be given the option to restore during the setup wizard) OR LATER THROUGH THE BUILT IN RESTORE MENU OPTION
Blue Button > ViX4E2PROJECT > Backup Manager > Restore

IF USING THE ONLINE FLASH OR BACKUP OPTIONS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A USB STICK INSERTED INTO THE RECEIVER SO THERE IS SOMEWHERE TO STORE THEM!

ViX4E2PROJECT DOWNLOAD CENTRE AND BUG REPORTS/FEATURES REQUESTS HERE

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
First download your required softcam from the addons server, I would suggest using OScam ymod as this comes with all required config files as well as the ability to do a little more...

Menu > Plugins > Download plugins (Green) > softcams > OScam ymod

Once installed active the softcam as the following:

Menu > Setup > Softcam / CI > Softcam Manager > Autostart (Blue) then either OK or Green to start

kendrs

Registered
Boot

I have updated to this version but find that each timme i boot up it wont get past the blue rotating circle with the first tv bar at the bottom, once i remove my hard drive it will boot fine. i have even tried just a usb stick but no change.

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
Sounds like the formatting of the USB drives perhaps maybe the key there. What I would suggest is booting to Spark and using this to format the HDD and/or USB stick (Sparks actually very good and very easy to use for this).

When in the Spark HDD formatting section first delete all partitions on the HDD, so there are no partitions at all, then using Spark create a new partition as ext3 primary. How long this takes will depend on the size of the HDD, but once complete it'll go back to the HDD menu showing the newly created partition.

Once done then boot back to Spark and if all is well it'll boot up and mount the HDD as /media/hdd and you'll have full use for PVR functions, saving EPG data to etc.

Of course it's hard to say for sure if this will cure your issue but I can say for sure it's been tried and tested literally 100s of times with this version of the image with no issues, I have only once ever seen the exact same issue you describe and what I've described above cured the problem so hopefully will help you to.

tiger2000

Registered
THis file Could works on my Amiko mini HD SE Receiver?

ViX4E2PROJECT Version 1.0 Build 007-blue

kendrs

Registered
Sorry for all the questions but I now have part of the blue circle icon from start up left on the screen.Really odd.

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
THis file Could works on my Amiko mini HD SE Receiver?

ViX4E2PROJECT Version 1.0 Build 007-blue

Unfortunately not, the ViX4E2PROJECT firmware is only for the Enigma2 compatible receivers listed above. The Amiko Mini HD SE is a closed source receiver and uses it's own specific firmware updates. We (Lavatronics) do produce our 'Enhanced Firmware' for the Mini HD SE which once loaded first time round by USB will give you access to our update server for online firmware and channel list updates (mainly 28.2 East channel list but some more to), so if this is your thing it's well worth checking out.

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
After formating the drive wouild a fresh format of the operating system be a good idea?

Make sure you've not just formatted the drive but that you first deleted any existing partition(s) that Spark found, then created a new single partition as ext3 primary.

Sorry for all the questions but I now have part of the blue circle icon from start up left on the screen.Really odd.

As we don't know exactly what's going on with the firmware that's on there right now or what may have been changed, deleted, altered etc. then yes I would say a fresh flash of 007-blue is a good idea so you know you are starting afresh.

tiger2000

Registered
Unfortunately not, the ViX4E2PROJECT firmware is only for the Enigma2 compatible receivers listed above. The Amiko Mini HD SE is a closed source receiver and uses it's own specific firmware updates. We (Lavatronics) do produce our 'Enhanced Firmware' for the Mini HD SE which once loaded first time round by USB will give you access to our update server for online firmware and channel list updates (mainly 28.2 East channel list but some more to), so if this is your thing it's well worth checking out.

Thanks.. Where I can find more information about the "enhanced firmwares" for the Amiko Mini HD SE receiver from Lavatronics?
thanks in advance

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
You can find the firmware on our Download Centre or do a Google search for 'Lavatronics Enhanced Firmware' and you should find what you need.
Once you have the firmware you need make sure you choose SW+Bootloader as the update method to ensure a complete firmware update and after this you should be able to access the online update facility.

kendrs

Registered
I enter the download firmware option on my AA2 but no online updates for visits,4project available. Has the online download been pulled?

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
No it's sure not been pulled and should be there, I will check this out this morning for you just to confirm there are no problems and post a follow up to let you know.

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
OK checked this out and there was indeed a small problem, have corrected this now and tested and should all be working again as normal, please give this another try when you have chance.

kendrs

Registered
Can any one confirm if the xmltv import is failing as it appears no epg info will be retrieved for rytec.

Dire_13

Registered
Hi To All
I have one question about the calibration image over VIX .menu receivers mam gently shifted to the left da it somehow centered.
Thanks for the reply

kendrs

Registered
When will the new vix image be accessible from the download section with in the image 1 blue?