Mvision HD-270 CN

chenez

Registered
Hope someone can help please, just this week the channels which usually open are now not, I've checked the firmware and it's 6.0.6,
I've never updated the box with any softcams could this be the problem? the softcams which I can see on the forum are rar I can only access zip files, could do with a bit of advice with that also please.

mdt

VIP
Hope someone can help please, just this week the channels which usually open are now not, I've checked the firmware and it's 6.0.6,
I've never updated the box with any softcams could this be the problem? the softcams which I can see on the forum are rar I can only access zip files, could do with a bit of advice with that also please.

it probably wont be softcams as the box uses a server to clear channels.... boxs of this type have issues with channels going down from time to time. i wouldnt worry it will probably come back on in a few hours or days,regards mdt

chenez

Registered
thanks everyone, still not clearing 19e and other sats, i think it could mac problem can't get a mac address when select auto.

chenez

Registered
Thanks for the update, not clearing anything on any sat still, can't get the set to allocate any ip address on auto, it will find numbers on manual and mac address shows in grey only any ideas please.

fastcar123

Registered
dosnt look like its getting any better a few open on 1w 0.8 afew on 7e. 13e is about the best not alot on 19e

maurice594

Registered
@chenez, sorry for the late reply not been on the site for a few days. If you are having problems with your mac address try installing the latest FW again, if that does not re-install your mac then you can find it by looking through the vents of the box. With the front of the box facing you look into the vents at the R/H side front. You should see 2 sets of numbers printed on stickers, the one nearest the front of the box is the MAC address.
Go into set up and enter the address manually into the mac address col.
p.s. Do not post your mac address on any site!!!!

chenez

Registered
Thanks maurice, installed latest FW and got some channels back!good news!! the MAC address is shown on the screen in very faded grey and is the same as inside the box but I'm unable to add it as it jumps from dns 2 to apply and unable to land on the mac address to manually add it to make it highlighted

maurice594

Registered
Are the channels that open part of a package??? if yes then your mac address is working allowing you to connect to the server so you do not need to enter it into the menu.
I would suggest you save your channel list and if you have one from weeks/months ago install that and try to see if it opens any channels.

chenez

Registered
Looks like some of the channels are part of a package 'yeah' I would really like a channel, could you point me in the right direction please maurice?
ta muchly!

dawbrain

Registered
have 270cn with hardware version 01.00rm ptc and software feb13-2013.only get free to air.can someone help me to set it up to the internet.connected via ethernet but need to know how to programme ,and find latest hardware file thanks

maurice594

Registered
Hi dawbrain, your latest FW should be 6.10 if you have loaded the Feb 13 file.
Can you explain how far you have got with your installation please?