New sunray triple tuner out!

zooster

Registered
Folks, I've seen on alibaba that new dm 800 se sunray is out, it's named SR4. It has new triple tuner dvb-s-t-c, 3 usb and mini flashup button.
A reseller told me that embedded dvb-t is not yet working...
Does anyone know more?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ive seen this also mate dealers in the UK should have stock this week.

I for one want to see a review of the tuner to understand if the DVBT works in the UK and will scan in the HD channels.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Actually in the pics there is dmtb label and not dvb-t...

Yeah seen that although ive been told by the manufacturers the Europe version will be DVBT, just need to know if it does DVBT2 now :(

saty

Registered
My source tells me a combi-tuner with dvb-s/c/t will be out in a month, the one they currently have is indeed dmtb for china use..

I will review one if i can get my hands on it for all 3 dvb flavours :D

panic3

Registered
Few days ago, my friend got this tuner

It was with pre-installed one of the ramiMAHER IMG (by the boot logo, it's ramiMAHER-v20-dm800se-25-09-2011 #ssl84 IMG), but unfortunately we gan't get it working with DVB-C or DVB-T, only DVB-S/S2 tuner are shown in the Menu>Sytem>Service searching>Tuner configuration.
Maybe someone knows more ???
Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Few days ago, my friend got this tuner

It was with pre-installed one of the ramiMAHER IMG (by the boot logo, it's ramiMAHER-v20-dm800se-25-09-2011 #ssl84 IMG), but unfortunately we gan't get it working with DVB-C or DVB-T, only DVB-S/S2 tuner are shown in the Menu>Sytem>Service searching>Tuner configuration.
Maybe someone knows more ???
Thx.

Do you have a terrestrial.xml for the transmitter in your area ?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
only cable and satellite tuner working at the moment,terrestrial tuner has bugs.

Latest version , 800se with triple tuners

1.this is a new version , so it still have problem , triple tuners , now only dvb-s and dvb-c tuner work , you can switch them any time , but dvb-t tuner can't work now.

panic3

Registered
Do you have a terrestrial.xml for the transmitter in your area ?
Don't. Have it's needed?
I was playing with DM800 and DM800SE + USB DVB-T stick (AF9015 chip) and always get it working without any terrestrial.xml file, by making manual tp scan.
But now, i don't see any tuner, except DVB-S (Alps2).

panic3

Registered
only cable and satellite tuner working at the moment,terrestrial tuner has bugs.

Latest version , 800se with triple tuners

1.this is a new version , so it still have problem , triple tuners , now only dvb-s and dvb-c tuner work , you can switch them any time , but dvb-t tuner can't work now.

Can you explane how to switch dvb-s between dvb-c ? Maybe can give some screenshots?
thx.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
Can you explane how to switch dvb-s between dvb-c ? Maybe can give some screenshots?
thx.
the quote was from the manufacturers website,i should image that you can choose either satellite or cable on bootup.

kevinwitschi

Registered
I also buy this Sunray SR4 tripple-tuner STB from AliExpress. But i not can see trippletuners! I only see DVB-S2 ALPS BSBE2 tuner. What the f***? Why the chinese suppliers sell stuff not working? They are really cheaters!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I also buy this Sunray SR4 tripple-tuner STB from AliExpress. But i not can see trippletuners! I only see DVB-S2 ALPS BSBE2 tuner. What the f***? Why the chinese suppliers sell stuff not working? They are really cheaters!

I think there must be a special driver for this to work not included in the standard drivers or images, im trying to find out if this is the case.

kevinwitschi

Registered
I contact the chinese supplier and he also not can help me. Thats really disgraceful, they sell new Sunray4 STBs and don't know how to operate. I'am shocket about this. So the supplier can only tell me the follow:

Does the software recognize 3 separate tuners or just 1 all-in-one tuner?

--- the software identified as a tuner.

Does the box work with standard software and drivers or do I have to use Sunray software and/or drivers

--- can directly use the standard software. Do not need to install any drivers or something

I only have one answer to this: Neither, in my case it show only ONE Alps BSBE2 DVB-S2 Tuner, no combotuner and no three seperate tuners. I also not think that we can solve this problem only with drivers. I think there is no solution... One case more of greatful chinese junk stuff...

secaspider

Registered
I contact the chinese supplier and he also not can help me. Thats really disgraceful, they sell new Sunray4 STBs and don't know how to operate. I'am shocket about this. So the supplier can only tell me the follow:

I only have one answer to this: Neither, in my case it show only ONE Alps BSBE2 DVB-S2 Tuner, no combotuner and no three seperate tuners. I also not think that we can solve this problem only with drivers. I think there is no solution... One case more of greatful chinese junk stuff...
The tunner for europe still nos work right, in a short period will be , trust me:D

saty

Registered
The tunner for europe still nos work right, in a short period will be , trust me:D

Last info i got is that there are still no DVB-T tuners for the "European" version ready, which means they offer the tuner/box with the Chinese version of DVB-T which doesnt work overhere, simply dont buy it yet...

My source also did tell me there's delay for the EU version, due factory problems it can take some time..

I dont no about any special drivers needed for this 3/1 tuner to work, also thought it would detect/work fine out off the box.

Its wierd sience afterall :(

Mesudio

Registered

Quite funny that the supplier seems to send the questions I asked them literally to other customers. I really read your quote 4 times because I knew these sentences looked very similar :)

But what you tell here is interesting. The working of the tuner obviously is totally different than what the supplier tells us. Please keep us posted mate!

saty

Registered
One guy in #dreamoem-irc did face similair problems he did mention a freedmx image which "should" have support/drivers for this 3/1 combi tuner.

On their board is also a topic about this tuner, only minor is the chinese language.

Last edited by a moderator: