Images with Bootloader 70 are killing clones

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
i am still looking for a supplier for the new SIM,
any idea where to look?

We have a forum sponsor mate, we can not recommend other suppliers.

Contact you dealer or other dealers of clones!

Ferret

digitech

Registered
Does this Sim card supplier exist at all ?
And what is the guarantee that the SIM card they offer will make the clone become original ? If not , should we buy new SIM every time DMM sends new bootloader ?
There must be some way to clone an original SIM card and try it in a clone with the latest bootloader ?

angelfall

Registered
Hi Im trying to Reload the bootloader

I do everyting correct I feel...I installed new Gemini with the bootloader 70. And no I get no CA.
After restarting with dreamup i can connect to my box and I also flash with bottloader 69 ..after flashing it came up with calclating checksum in "Dreamup"...and it just stays like that..
Nothing happens. So it flashes but when its calcating its problem...Any solution?

If you install any new image that contains bootloader 70 on a clone box then it will refuse to boot.

The only fix is using dreamup and a serial cable to flash bootloader 69 onto it. Then it seems fine again. Its working here with bootloader 69 flashed over the top of Nabilio 0.6 blackhole

Heres a link to bootloader 69 if you have the same problem.

Remember you need to serial flash it as the DHCP / Network method is locked out. Screen only displays *** ERR01: NO CA FOUND ***

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Mate

I'm not 100% on this but after the transfer of the 70 pull the power on the 800 then immediately reconnect dreamup and connect the power. In other words never let the 70 image fully boot.

Is the 69 bootloader your flashing in the .bin or .img format?

Ferret

way75

Registered
I do everyting correct I feel...I installed new Gemini with the bootloader 70. And no I get no CA.
After restarting with dreamup i can connect to my box and I also flash with bottloader 69 ..after flashing it came up with calclating checksum in "Dreamup"...and it just stays like that..
Nothing happens. So it flashes but when its calcating its problem...Any solution?

It seems there is something wrong in file you're sending to box.

Believe me, best way to update a clone is using original new image and send correct secondstage after update.
I can suggest Nabilo11, really good and stable image on all clones I tested.
Just update your box with dreamup (1 hr waiting...) and send correct secondstage in .nfi format without switching off your box after image updating.

I can understand you have a 69 clone:
Switch off and on again and change tuner only driver (don't change cardreader's driver! this locks stb!). You do this by using DCC, FTP service (in "extra" folder).

If you have a 70 clone, change both tuner and cardreader drivers.

I'm sure Ferret can help you finding correct files included in "Jams01 clone pack". Files included are tested and working fine.

You can update your drivers to latest release (there's a thread that explains how to do this). Remember you have to change again tuner and cardrader's drivers (tuner only, if 69).

bye

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
The jams01 pack is here

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=135545

All files are included but as myself and way75 say after you falsh the 70 image power off reconnect dreamup and power then flash the boot loader without it ever making a full boot.

Format for bootloader shoul be .bin .img or .ipk for Dreamup to work.

Thanks

Ferret

angelfall

Registered
The jams01 pack is here

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=135545

All files are included but as myself and way75 say after you falsh the 70 image power off reconnect dreamup and power then flash the boot loader without it ever making a full boot.

Format for bootloader shoul be .bin .img or .ipk for Dreamup to work.

Thanks

Ferret
Hello Folks everythinh is working great now...I had to use IP setup in the Dreamup application and after that it all went good.
Thanks for GREAT SUPPORT

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi,

HELP, Please !

I need the new SIM card too. Does any know where get it?

Your dealer mate, no one can recommend any dealer other than Creative our forum sponsor :thum: Please respect that!

Creative only sells genuine Dreamboxes.

thanks

Ferret