How can i stream from dreambox to my laptop ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
What Dreambox is it ? Is the streaming going to be done via wifi or lan cable ?

And what image are you running.

Ferret

georgeflu

Registered
i think that there is a little problem with wind*ows vista. in xp and 7 the basic think is vlc in your laptop. than only in firefox you write the ip of your receiver and you will see the web interface of your receiver. double click in the channel you want to stream and than if you are using enigma2, click in the little tv in the right of your monitor and open it with vlc. in enigma1 you make click in vpid and than open with vlc

torres2009

Registered
loginerror on port 80.. version 6.1.0

hi i tried on both my vista laptop as well as windows 7 pc same errors as below.

when i try to login using port 80 it shows dreambox model, username is wrong or passsword is wrong or port wrong.

but with the same ip, username and password i`m able to login using port 8001. but no video is coming and no channel list.

i`m able to open up the webinterface for my dm using the same ip, user name and password on my browser.even ftp and telnet r working. whats wrong here.
my systems is dm500hd with new dreamelite 1.0 HD image.
hostname has been changed from dm500hd to LFC
has also changed the default password.
program version is 6.1.0

mfaraj57

Super VIP
The program works with vlc version 1.0.5 and less but ineffective with versions above that
i did not update the program to include dm500hd so choose instead dream 800 or dm8000 instead but do not use dm500 instead
hope i find time in the next days to update the software

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Vlc seems to be working but the picture is mashed up and no audio?

Could be your network is under load and picture is breaking up becuase of a bandwidth problem, if not load a codec pack then restart your 800 and router then try again.

pashaa

Registered
Under linux most stable work xmbc (also present windows version). Need dreambox-plugin (available as script and as plugin, script more stable)

XPinG

Registered
I have experienced problems when streaming from a DM500 with GP but it works like a charm using OpenPli

bp1

Registered
I did have similar problems with my Dreambox 500s where watching from the local network provided breakup in picture. I was using the current version of vlc player. I searched these forums and tried different media players but the same result. I finally resolved and found the vlc player giving the best results. I am sure your problems may be similar to mine so heres how i fixed my problems.
My home network is wired and connects to our broadband wireless router. It was our routers lan ports which were causing the problems. Must be buggy firmware on the router with bad lan ports. What i did was use a seperate network switch and connected all the network client ports to this. The switch was then connected to one of the lan network ports on the wireless router. Now i have no picture breakup and a perfect picture from the PC's and laptop. VLC player works perfectly. Also if you use vlc player and go into view and then tick the Advanced option you get the record button. It works great.

Hope my post has been of some help.
Regards
bp1

livdogred

Registered
ferret i have done all the set up you described on how to stream from pc to dreambox.the only problem i am encountering is that when i click on the avi film file nothing appeares on the tv screen could you please tell what is the final problem 10x

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hard to say really it could be how you have configured VLC on PC or on DM.

livdogred

Registered
the only problem i have is when i add this --intf wxwin --extraintf=http to the specified target and press apply a widow spesifing (specified target box is not valid. I have tried varius vlc programs but always with the same problem

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
the only problem i have is when i add this --intf wxwin --extraintf=http to the specified target and press apply a widow spesifing (specified target box is not valid. I have tried varius vlc programs but always with the same problem

You running wiondows 7 ? If so thats the problem this was done a while back on XP

Yeah that not really needed as long as you have vlc configure and running on your PC

livdogred

Registered
maybe i am not explaining myself well enough .All files and folders from my pc are visible on the tv screen via my dreambox the only problem i have is when i press on the avi movie file nothing appears on the screen just black screen 10x for your patience