Lots of Questions About Dreambox

muh444

Registered
Hello, I am new to dreambox. I bought a dm800hd pvr. It came with Newnigma2 with ssl #82. I have an "e-star sim v1.0" sim card. Now;

1. Is my sim card ferrari? If it is, I see some topics on forums titled "Sim 1 Upgrade to Ferrari". What does that mean?

2. I read on some forums that Newnigma2 is only for original devices. How is it installed on my device :)

3. I wanted to upload a plugin to my dreambox. I don't know the ftp password for "root". Previous owner doesn't know it. So I cannot access device memory. What can i do now?

4. What image would you recommend to me? Do i need to flashappropriate ssl before uploading an image?

5. What is OE1.6 , OE2.0 etc? ,ıt stands for Open Embedded, what do I need to know before flashing a new image?

Thanks!

Last edited:

muh444

Registered

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You have a version 1 sim so im not sure they will flash but it wont hurt to try you can just go back to a v1 image.

muh444

Registered
So i flashed a wrong image(not a surprise) and bought a rs232 to usb cable. Now dreamup cannot connect to my dreambox.

muh444

Registered
Apparently i bought the wrong rs232 cable. That's why it couldn't connect. I then bought a female-to-female null-modem cable and a rs232 to usb cable. Now dreamup can connect but it gives "user aborted" error while trying to connect with my dreambox. I tried using japharflasher and older versions of dreambox.

Now i tried putty to connect to my dreambox and somehow i pressed a key and it botted up! Now i will try to flash with internet browser and see how it'll go.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Are you connecting with the null cable and a Ethernet cable ?