Nvidia GTX 580 & windows 10

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I have just attempted to reinstall my GTX580 Graphics card in my computer but I get error code 43.

That either means the card is faulty. (it has been in a drawer for many months) or it is a driver issue as I am currently running windows 10 64 bit.

It always worked perfectly previously in windows 8.1 & 7, both 64 bit.

So, is this a windows 10 issue?

Does anyone successfully have a GTX580 running in windows 10 64 bit or 32 bit?

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Yes.

The 580 is seen but has error code (43).

I wonder if it is something to do with having two graphic cards in one computer with windows 10?

My main card is a 660.

With win 7 & 8.1, both 64 bit, I have used the 580 as a second card for biss use with no problems.

It is possible the card is faulty after being in a drawer for many months but I suspect it is a windows 10 issue.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I am going to try fitting it in another computer as the only card to confirm that if it is faulty or not.

This won't be easy as the card is very large and there is not a lot of space inside the case.

My main computer has a huge case and would injure any thief trying to carry it away. :) It's a two man lift really.

TGILITO

Registered
hxxp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/windows-10-build-10074-nvidia-geforce-gt-630-code/
Yes, code 43 means that the graphics card can not communicate well the the Operating System. The most likely cause odds-wise is because there is not a good bridge driver installed.
hxxp://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/86646/en-uk
hxxp://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399787
Have a nice day 73+51

Last edited:

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I have now managed to try the 580 in another computer as the only card and it just was not seen at all, so I got no display on the monitor.

The computer running win 10.

So, I am going back to windows 7 on my spare computer and win 8.1 on my main computer.

I have just over 11 months to take advantage of the free upgrade and perhaps they will one day have a driver for the 580.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
That driver is older than the one I have been trying to use, but I will give it a go.

Userfact

Registered
It might be the best for you to try it independently on another computer, to really see the issue. It is always difficult with issues like this one. The graphics card can also accumulate a lot of dirt, so clean it deeply first.