TBS6903 Professional DVB-S2 and New Desktop PC

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i personally would definite install TBS PCIe First then let Windows find the drivers for you or you can install via CD Disc which may be easier ,
i built new high spec PC some time ago and found it very easy as windows found drivers anyhow once it booted
there is plenty of choice what to use i went with ProgDVB for using with feeds and DVBDream for PVU channels
its not really so bad to make a fresh start with a decent PC it really didnt take me that long untill i got up and running , YOU'LL BE Very happy with this TBS card
ive been using TBS 5980 AND TBS5922SE For quite some time i have only just bought same Card as you have now [ TBS6903 Professional ] so i cant wait to get it running ..stay positive your making a great choice by doing things the right way .
Good luck : ))
-
Barney2222

- The first thing to do: install windows then put the card in PC or first put card then install windows ?
If you have windows installed just put your card into pci-e slot nothing wrong with that. I did it that way.

- Which driver install, from CD or from TBS Technologies site ?
Of course latest one so from TBS site.

P.S. i have this card and ... this not good card for satellite scanning... for just watching tv yes it is fine... Prof-8000 FTW sadly they are out of business.:(

DEPORTIVO

Registered
Barney my man, TNX for brother suport :cheers:
My card arrived today but I am on travel :mecry: so I start install on 2-3 July :D :cool:

@Barney @VodzigorLans
PC is also a new and empty, that's why I asked what firs install Wind. or put card. (cute dilemma) :)

Q: Why not good card for satellite scanning ?
In case of manuel scan transponders or all sat position or blind
scan ??? Perhaps this is the problem of PC specifications and W.

Last edited:

DEPORTIVO

Registered
1. Which codac you are recommended guys ?
2. Which version of ProgDVB is safe, stable and rich with options for encryptions.
3. I need plugin for BBC on 27.5W, AFN 09.E and the set keys.
Write me please, which versions have been verified ?
I never used oscam. :(

TheHighLander

Super VIP
I don't think that is bad at scanning..just use Carzyscan or EBSpro for blind scan.

I think it's similar to my card..the best and lightest codec is Lav as i think.

The best player is dvbdream..progdvb is always heavy,freezing.

Vplug for biss,viaccess,irdeto,cryptworks,...
Powervu Emu by Anubis is recommended.

DEPORTIVO

Registered
Tomorrow I go to all the work with install my two new things :) . If I had some problems,I will not be ashamed to ask for help here :) Good luck to me and you with me :)

DEPORTIVO

Registered
* First problem. I install card drivers and PC sees the card.

G5lmP4f.jpg

* And I install TBS-IPdata --> chose a good tranponder

But NO SIGNAL !

xwUA51y.jpg

On Dreambox signal is perfect. i just inplug cabl from DM and set to TBS Card, no sugnal!

What should I do ???

TheHighLander

Super VIP
If you put the lnb cable in Tuner1,be sure that you choose Tuner1 for dvb players,crazyscan and ebspro.And the same for Tuner2

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Try
10E 11638 H 5300 FEC 5/6 DVB-S - MPEG 2
OLD MGM ME Freq now named AMC Africa
its active 24/7 so you should get some signal on it ,
let us know if you can get a lock here please .
Thnx

smedias

Registered
i dont have this card but as far as i can see its a dual tuner - my mistake in cable or choosing wrong tuner?

DEPORTIVO

Registered
In DVBDream I don`t have options blind scen or crazy scan.
When i put in dream manual scen and 10758-V-2480 7/8 results is 0 channel (tv zumbo) ?