Cannot get Vplug or PowerVU to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

art99

Registered
Hello.
After eight years of absence from the DVB card community, I decided to get back. Purchased a TBS8922 PCI DVB-S2 TV Tuner Card, installed ProgDVB, DVB Dream, MyTheatre and the TBS viewer that came with the DVB tuner card. I managed to set all of them up and scanned Eutelsat 3 transponders successfully. The channels I want to see from that sat are protected with BISS. I installed the newest VPlug but couldn't get them to work. It doesn't even appear in the Plugins tab of ProgDVB or DVB Dream. Clicking on the Plugins tab shows nothing (No Plugins). The same happened with PowerVu.
Also, Vplug gives me an error message, something like "cannot find vhelper.mdl", on Mytheatre and DVB Dream.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to install additional software?
Thank you.

jan55

art99

Registered
Hi, Shishmish. Thanks for the reply.
I could not find vPlug 2.4.6.exe (executable)so I used the existing vPlug files but placed them in a folder in drive C root directory and the files vplug.dll and vplug.ini in plugins directory. This way, vplug works without errors and it appears in the Plugins tab (active). I also used the new key file you suggested but it did not make any difference, still it does not decode the channels. Same with PowerVU.
The unscrambled channels work OK.

Last edited:

jan55

Here are all files (without SoftCam.Key for vPlug). Also, after install vPlug2.4.6 you only copy/paste vPlug2.4.6f1.dll in main folder of vPlug . PVUEmu is only for DVBDream!

art99

Registered
Thank you, my friend.
VPlug worked with all (ProgDVB, DVB Dream, DVB viewer and MyTheatre). There are, however, a few channels that refuse to decode. I know they are in the same package, same key (BISS) but... who knows.
PowerVuEmu did not work with DVB Dream but vPlug worked so I'm happy.
Thank you very much.

art99

Registered
I did that but I get this message "PowerVU not found", in the lower square of the plugin monitor.
I'm not familiar with the structure of its softcam.key, probably because of the autoroll, it looks different and probably does not contain the BISS keys for Eutelsat 3E (Europe).

art99

Registered
Some of the channels I mentioned above, did not discramble so I edited their key, from the vplug monitor and replaced their key with the one that worked for others channels of the same provider.
There are three channels from another provider (ERT HD, ERT1, ERT2) that remain scrambled. In view screen there is no indication that they are protected (the little padlock) next to their name. In vplug monitor they do not provide any info at all. The two channels in the red box, same provider, are not scrambled so the are visible.

art99

Registered
OK, that fixed too. I entered the keys from the plugin monitor. The correct keys are included in the Softcam file but not read for some reason.

art99

Registered
ProgDVB Pro 7.19 works with vPlug. All newer versions of ProgDVB do not recognize vPlug. No matter where the vPlug is placed (Plugins or inside pip00), the tab "Plugins" show "No plugins".

leneceu

Registered
I install vplug 2.4.6 exe but AutoECM dont save when close Dvbviewer and open in vplug AutoECM is unchek,please help me !

Rickk

Registered
I install vplug 2.4.6 exe but AutoECM dont save when close Dvbviewer and open in vplug AutoECM is unchek,please help me !

go to plugin's vplug.ini open, for example with (notepad ++)
search auto ecm, set autoecm = 1 and save

Anubis_Ir

Registered
Let's close this thread.
You can't use vPlug for PowerVU or BeOutQ or the other `unconventional` encryption systems.
vPlug is/was designed for conventional encryption systems and it "only" supports CSA based channels. Even its modules only receive ECMs and then return the DCWs back to it.
- PowerVU can use DES instead of CSA and also it can use different DCWs for different Audio and Video PID's at the same time. Old plugin based systems only work with CSA and with only one DCW for both Audio and Video PID's.
- BeOutQ doesn't have any ECMs (so writing a vPlug module for it is useless/nonsense) and it doesn't use CSA. It's an AES based encryption system (that's why it's called an unconventional encryption system).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.