Technomate SCART model not displaying anything

Kosmische

Registered
I have an older technomate satellite receiver which only has SCART connections. I used to have a Panasonic TV that came with a proprietary connection that allowed me to connect the receiver to the TV. However, I replaced the TV last year and the new one no longer has this facility.

I therefore bought a SCART to HDMI connector but can get absolutely nothing.

I know the unit is working as it powers up and all the lights are blue on the front, so it looks just as it should.

I've connected my 19.2 E dish but when I go to the relevant HDMI input, the screen is totally blank. I'm not even getting a menu. I've pressed various buttons on the front to see if that makes any difference but it didn't. I've turned the unit off altogether and back on again - same problem.

I've swapped out the HDMI cable but no joy. The SCART cable is new.

I therefore don't know what the problem is or what I might be doing wrong. I'm assuming that even if the problem's with the satellite cable connection, I still ought to see something on the screen to alert me to this.

Any suggestions?

manic01

Super VIP
You could just buy a second hand hd technomate for £30 or so on ebay/gumtree and have better stb and no hassle.

biri

Registered
I have a similar problem, I want to upgrade my tv I use an old technomate box simply as a positioner to move my dish. I only need the technomate menu up on my tv so picture quality is not an issue. Would one of the cheaper alternatives mentioned in the above link that only accept a CVBS signal from the SCART work for me?