Go Back   Sat Universe > HDTV And Ultra HDTV > Octagon HD

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

New Octagon SF4008???

Octagon HD

Old 29-11-2016, 00:05  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default New Octagon SF4008???

What about this new Octagon SF4008? I know it would be 4K combo receiver and would support new DVB-S2X transmission standard.
Unfortunately I found web pages only in german.... anyone just saw and tested this new box? Any information please? Thank you.
Old 29-11-2016, 01:36  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,262 Times in 877 Posts

I do not think anyone has tested it yet. So users.

But, there are tester review videos on the Internet ;
https://youtu.be/bxm8G57f5cM
https://youtu.be/iY4yappB4WE

OCTAGON SF4008 UHD 4K 2160p Triple E2 Linux Receiver

Specifications ;
( The compilation belongs to me. )

HARDWARE :
- Processor ; BCM 7251S
* "4;2;2 chroma sampling possible." But first, need "processor root software" support. "Root software" not support exist yet.

- Processor hardware support ; HVEC / H.265 Video decoding
* HDR ; Broadcom® BCM7251S don't support HDR video codec. Only HEVC ve VP9 support.

- Processor speed ; 12K DMIPS ( 12000 )
- Core number ; 2 x 1700Mhz Dual Core ( 2x1,7 GHz )
* Real speed ; 555 Mhz. per core )

- ROM ; NAND Flash 4GB eMMC
- RAM ; 1GB DDR4
- DVB-S2X Standard Support.

SATELLITE TUNER TECHNICAL DETAILS :
http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Docu...-D60_short.pdf

* Don't support MIS, ACM and VCM

* si21662 demodulator ; Support 16APSK and 32APSK modulations.

Last edited by serkanguzel; 29-11-2016 at 01:41..
The Following User Says Thank You to serkanguzel For This Useful Post:
ricard silveira (29-11-2016)
Old 16-12-2016, 14:16  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Correct me if I am wrong but reading the specs it only supports 16/32 apsk in dvb-s2x only...
Old 20-12-2016, 17:06  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhfuhf View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but reading the specs it only supports 16/32 apsk in dvb-s2x only...
and 8apsk also
Old 23-12-2016, 04:25  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

no what I mean is that this box will miss the DVB-S2 16 and 32 APSK...

I guess they are assuming that providers will jump into DVB-S2X for 16 and 32 APSK and not use dvb-s2...
Old 03-01-2017, 19:02  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

any news about this receiver? How it works, does it handle well S2SX transmissions?
Old 12-01-2017, 23:19  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxn View Post
any news about this receiver? How it works, does it handle well S2SX transmissions?
Will this receiver support DES decryption like the dreambox does?
Old 26-01-2017, 18:08  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhfuhf View Post
Will this receiver support DES decryption like the dreambox does?
it works like the others with oscam so, yes I think it's possible.
Old 18-02-2017, 17:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thumbs up

Multistream Octagon 4K satellite 5W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxiQ8FOF8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nk9xjp4If4&t=3s

Last edited by costelpadu; 18-02-2017 at 17:52..
Old 18-02-2017, 19:59  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hi,
MultiStream T2-MI 4.8 east
04.8e 12188,H,30000,3/4,IS=10 T2-MI
04.8e 12188,H,30000,3/4,IS=20 T2-MI
04.8e 12341,H,30000,3/4,IS=30 T2-MI

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5c11kc