need New driver to support Blind Scan

syaugi

Registered
hi all.
i bought my lovely receiver box Ultimo 4k about 2 years ago. and still didn't work with Blind Scan until now.
what is happening with the developer ? what they do not do to release new firmware ?

thanks

jdavid22

Registered
Openpli supports blindscan, remember that if your Vu + is a double tunner, it will only blindscan on tuner A.

Wilis13

Registered
Openpli blindscan doesn’t work with this tuner. I just bought an Ultimo 4k and have not been able to scan. Anyone been able to do a satellite scan with one of these boxes?

Jimdefruit

Registered
Put a usb memory stick in, install openmultiboot and try out some different images. blindscan is available on several images. As stated above, VTI image is one of them.

ArloG

Registered
From conversations with a developer current blindscan not working is attributed to the Linux kernel 5.3.0 being used on newer images.

Openatv being one of them. I've been trying out several versions of the blindscan plugin files. They look favorable.
I believe it's up to version 9 right now. Meaning a few more tweaks and it should be rock solid.

I'm using an os mio4k. The files are tailored to the specific tuners. So, patience. It may take some time to compile blindscan files for all of the various tuner modules for all of the receivers out there.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
How do you get blindscan to work on OpenPli and VU Ultimo 4K?

If I try to use it, I always get a message telling me that I must set up my tuner first.

vlaamse

Registered
Open Pli is working on Vu Duo4K..fbc2sx no way, blindscan not working

Last edited:

jeffxxl

Registered
Blind scan works with Openatv and OpenPli , but i would recommend to use Vti the best with picture quality and the stability of the image, however if you wish to use Openatv ,it is easy to use blindscan after setting up the image which very easy.

you need to go to setting and find set up your password and press set up, then put any number you wish for example : 12345, then press ok, by doing this step, this will be your new password for the image and then restart your device.All other function will be available after setting up you password , but nonetheless i would rather you used and tried VTI and you would notice the huge difference between them. Good luck.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
How did you get blind scan to work with OpenPli?
I have never been able to get it working on my VU Ultimo 4K.
I always get a message telling me to configure my tuner but it is obviously configured.

jenseneverest

Registered
has Blind scan ever worked on VU+ FBC tuners ??
In fact dose even work on normal tuners ??

If anyone has got it working please post detail of tuner and image used.

lanagalice

Registered
has Blind scan ever worked on VU+ FBC tuners ??
In fact dose even work on normal tuners ??

If anyone has got it working please post detail of tuner and image used.

as far as I know FBC tuners doesn't support blind scan, unless professionals and programmers give us a good hack to overturn that issue.

for me I have Vu+Duo2 (not 4K) and blindscan work perfect in OpenPLI, OpenATV, Blackhole.

so the tuner is the main and primary determine.