best LNB's and opinions

fergy9271

Registered
Hello all @su ive been using a black ultra lnb for 2 years and its fine on my 1m dish looking to upgrade what are your opinions and choices cheers happy hunting:thum:

zico268

Registered
Hi, I'd like to revive this topic. I'm also a happy user of Inverto black ultra single, but now I need to buy meself a new twin lnb and I'm wondering if Inverto black ultra is still the best option?

I've seen someone saying on su that the twin inverto produces even better reception that single and quad. I'd really love an opinion of someone who has tested few different brands, because all the lnbs I ever used were Inverto. I wonder how does Opticum or Technomate compare to Inverto?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
well
ive tested various LNB's just for fun just connected to my Sat Meter ..

Technomate Single Universal LNB .1db which gives around 63db
Opticum Single Universal LNB reading 63db
Inverto Black Ultra Single Universal LNB 0.2b reading @ 71db
Dakgold 0.1db single universal LNB reading 63db
Inverto Black Pro Single universal C120 LNB 0.2db reading 62db
Inverto black ultra quad LNB holds up well reading 66-68db
extreme sensitivity and in fairness a really reliable LNB

Invacom C120 0.3db gave me worst reading of all at only 52db
and utterly useless for any kinda Feed hunting just far too weak i'd have to assume the Quad version would be similar or worse .

So in short ..For any Offset Dish Inverto Black Ultra 0.2db still the best on the market for signal strength be it Single or Quad there is no great difference .

For Prime Focus Dish Inverto Black Pro C120 Single/twin LNB there is nothing better that ive tested .

And Sure there will be disputes regarding my comments and i'd welcome them very much but my tests are totally unbiased and simply providing a straight up honest answer to your question/s .
Good luck : )
-
Barney2222

D

Deleted member 425270

best lnb inverto black ultra.I'm using it and ı'm happy

william-1

Feed Hunter
Just tested out 3 new Lnb's on my 100cm Gibertini

No1 Inverto 0.2dB Black Ultra
No2 Titanium 0.1dB Mk 3
No3 Technomate 0.1dB TM-1 Super high gain

26 east Badr-4 transponder 11919 H 27500 The Inverto showed the biggest signal quality gain over the other 2 on the TM5502HD

No1 Inverto 0.2dB Signal Quality 62%
No2 Titanium 0.1dB Signal Quality 43%
No3 Technomate 0.1dB Signal Quality 35%

Other DTH satellites 28.2east,19.2east,13 east & 30 west all 3 performed very well,

Feed satellites 16 east,10 east,7 east,3 east,8 west,12.5 west,24.5 west the Inverto was by far the best,

I will do a more detailed survey with the 88 x 78 cm mesh dish next.

So far it just goes to prove what Barney said in #3 post.

Last edited:

Robinson74

Registered
When testing it could be useful to use an optional attenuator. It can work miracles and increase signal level perceived by the box.

pedro2000uk

Registered
The Invacom's not got an outstanding record on smaller dishes c. 1m & a bit low on power but quality is usually there if you can get the focus, the quad Invacoms pull ahead on dishes over 2m but the BU is still a match for even that.

Installed several Gibertini 1.5s recently & did test the Invacom [C120 on the Gibertini feedhorn] v Black Ultra [LNBf], not much in it tbh, they both did better on different frequencies, if you looked at just one frequency though it would go either way depending which one you tested.

marval450

Registered
For Prime Focus Dish Inverto Black Pro C120 Single/twin LNB there is nothing better that ive tested .

Neverending story of the best LNB...

"The best is Inverto black pro",then red clasic even better?
I think it is too big difference.
tested on PF 220, lock around 7,9db
hdpzr2zrgw7rejh8yzt3wgdenehcabme.jpg

lanagalice

Registered
Inverto ultra black is the choice for rich people

StarGold is the choice for poor people

for me StarGold the best of other shit LNBs

Yahsat

Registered
What is the difference between Inverto Black Pro Twin Flange and Invacom Quad ? In eastern Bulgaria Nilesat 201 very good signal with 1,42m, 8W , 4W middle east beam Ch 2;CH 10 IBA Channels and 2 tp of YES, according to me from flange invertos the twin black pro is the best, but if I put invacom quad and if it is true that increases the signal quality much, my dish would not work as 1,42m , but like 1,80m for example. Tell me your opinion.

btw, this guy from Slovakia, is it possible to receive the middle east beam on 62E in Slovakia, in eastern BG even 11555v30000 is very low, most of the time no signal, because of the strong signal on 11555h28900 the Russian package. Regards ! :)

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be the one one out then, lol.

Whilst I'd note the Technomate LNB does give lower figures on stuff that the other two LNBs do receive/pull in. It pulls in some signals I do not get at all on the other two LNBs, maybe it just works better with my Triax and Technomate/Spiderbox receivers, or maybe I just got lucky - After all buy two LNBs that are the same make and you will get differences....

Its All Good thou

mdt

VIP
there are a great deal of things to considerate when asking which lnb is best.

each system is different even when the same parts are used.

1. lnb manufacturing differences
2. cable type/length of run
2. switches/usals motor
4. local rf from masts,wi-fi,ground noise

when i had my gibertini 1.25m dish,ibu,stab120 usals and dr-hd f15 using triax tx100 cable my m8 using the same system with almost the same cable length had different results only 12 miles from me.

best thing to do is try a few lnbf,s if possible and choose the one thats gives the best overall performance on your system and is stable in 95% of weathers. trial and error im afraid.

having said all that for 90% of general enthusiasts using 80/90/100/110 cm usals dishes the inverto black ultra lnbf seems to be the best performer overall although not perfect. if your looking for perfection maybe a 5m andrew dish with dedicated C/Ku feeds and very expensive pll norsat/cal aml/swe mic lnb,s ect but for 99.8% of us its a dream.
this is just my opinion and others will have theres,regards mdt

Rog

Registered
So the Inverto Black Pro C120 is better than the inverto black ultra?

I asked for this because i want the verry best LNB there is for Nilesat 102/201 7° West
Eutelsat 7 West A 7.3° West and also for Eutelsat 25B / Es'hail-1 25.5° East and this one too Badr-4/5/6 26° East

greetings,

Rog

Last edited: