Dish 78cm 4LNB

csell

Registered
Hi.

It will depend on the dish surface. I mounted mine on a NON TRIAX dish and inside +/- 5-6 degree from the middle there was the same good signal. When LNB was at the outermost 2-3 degrees I lost some signal. But if you set 23.5E in the middle will the 13E be far out. Nearly out at the end.

You can try it. It will be very easy to adjust the dish elevation with 23.5E in the middle and you can then turn the profile up/down to get the 13E right.

Regards Carsten.

csell

Registered
Yes. Or close to the middle. Make sure you later can adjust it to both sides.

Last edited:

eliosfederico

Registered
Well now I have worked on it hours and with this configuration (28,23.5,19.2 MIDDLE, 13.0) I get around 80-85% on all the sats. Only that frequency on 13E goes 75 or lower. I think that I should just keep it like this and maybe build a plastic shield for shield the LNB's from direct rain.

Last edited:

ja5on

Registered
Well now I have worked on it hours and with this configuration (28,23.5,19.2 MIDDLE, 13.0) I get around 80-85% on all the sats. Only that transponder on 13E goes 75 or lower. I think that I should just keep it like this and maybe build a plastic shield for shield the LNB's from direct rain.

you could leave it on that transponder and flex the dish and see if it helps or makes matters worse.

eliosfederico

Registered
you could leave it on that transponder and flex the dish and see if it helps or makes matters worse.

Hi,
any movement, even little, I try with the dish let me lose signal on that frequency. Anyone else here on 13 is having the same?

Last edited:

eliosfederico

Registered
Hi.

The problem with rain is not when it is hitting the LNB, but that the signal loose some power when it travel through the rain on its way.

Carsten.

If I dry the drops of rain from the head of the LNB i get 5 to 10% signal improvement.

csell

Registered
Hi.

The 12341V transponder is used by the same provider as the 12054H, I will expect that the 12341V can be even weaker than the 12054H. It sound like that both the rain in the air and at the LNB give resistance to the signal. I don't know how large your rocket LNB's are, but may be a part of a plasic bottle ( Fanta or similar ) can protect most of the LNB face from the rain?

Carsten.

eliosfederico

Registered
Hi.

The 12341V transponder is used by the same provider as the 12054H, I will expect that the 12341V can be even weaker than the 12054H. It sound like that both the rain in the air and at the LNB give resistance to the signal. I don't know how large your rocket LNB's are, but may be a part of a plasic bottle ( Fanta or similar ) can protect most of the LNB face from the rain?

Carsten.

I'll make something to shield them. Do you also have a dish on hotbird? Maybe you can see if also you have less signal on this frequency.

ja5on

Registered
Hi,
any movement, even little, I try with the dish let me lose signal on that frequency. Anyone else here on 13 is having the same?

well its sounds like you close on the setup you have, Did you get 90% on the 12054H with rail and adjusting the dish?

eliosfederico

Registered
well its sounds like you close on the setup you have, Did you get 90% on the 12054H with rail and adjusting the dish?

Oh I see that was a type error. I got 90% on the 11354V. I never managed to get more than 75-80% on 12054H or 12341V.

ja5on

Registered
Oh I see that was a type error. I got 90% on the 11354V. I never managed to get more than 75-80% on 12054H or 12341V.

well that makes sense lol Only other choice is trying another lnb but it wont improve it by much. I would say your done :)

eliosfederico

Registered
well that makes sense lol Only other choice is trying another lnb but it wont improve it by much. I would say your done :)

Well, I know, but I still think that's weird, with a big dish like this, in this position to don't have at least 90%.

eliosfederico

Registered

Well, I know, but I still think that's weird, with a big dish like this, in this position to don't have at least 90%.

ja5on

Registered

yeah I get that but write down all the signals on the transponders you need with a single then again on a rail and see how much you lose. Have you not got another lnb to try just for 13.e ?

eliosfederico

Registered
yeah I get that but write down all the signals on the transponders you need with a single then again on a rail and see how much you lose. Have you not got another lnb to try just for 13.e ?

I tried also with another LNB for 13E, same result (if not slightly worse!). I can't get accurate results to post because here it's often clody and rainy. On the trasponder I care, without the rail I don't get so much more.

csell

Registered
Hi Eliosfederico.

You wrote that with a single LNB for 13E you had good signal. I am not sure what the situation is.
Is the problem when you move it over to the profile?
Or is the problem when you move it far out on the profile?

If the proplem is when you move it over on the profile: How is it different, Is it the Hight above the Boom ( arm ),
Is it the Slope of the LNB. Something must be different. If the Hight is different you can adjust the elevation of the dish. Release 2 of the screws next to the small degree scale on the back of the dish.

If the problem is when you move the 13E far out on the profile: Yes the LNB's close the the middle will have better signal than the LNB's far out. But all your LNB's are within 15 degrees. All mine was within 25 degrees.

The angle of the profile interact with the elevation of the dish. If the elevation of the dish is a little to low will
it be possible to compensate for it by moving the LNB on the profle up. But that is not what you want because you then
move the LNB on the other end of the profile down.

I am not sure you got the angle of the profile rigth for your current dish elevation. They interact.

If you can't get a better signal on the 13E when sitting half way out on the profile can you may be deceide to
remove the 28.2E and only use it for 3 LNB?

Then you will have the posibility to have the 13E in the middle ( with expected good signal ) and both 19.2E and 23.5E out to one side.

Regards Carsten.

Last edited:

ja5on

Registered
I did another test. I used the rocket lnb as a single one pointed to 13E and I get 90% on the 12054H. But when I put it back on the rail it gets as low as 72%. Why? How can I improve this?

hi Carsten

He saying it was a typo error and from what I read he has now got 75 on 12054H, so moving it to the rail has changed little from the middle. I think he should find the best signal on all 3 transponders with single centre and then see how much he losing on the rail.

Tbh I have no idea what signal he should get from the neverlands