can someone say best/easiest image on a vu+ uno for a newbie etc

ebmitie

Registered
can someone say best/easiest image on a vu+ uno original for a newbie etc

I am opting for a uno as a move up from db500s but as with everything the devil is in the detail, for a newbie whats the best and easiest image to start with, and how do i get oscam and other bits working. I want to try with 2 cards. Picture quality is all so the image that gives best pic is the one I would go for.

I must admit is looks daunting so many images etc.

I have dcc, dreamup, dreamboxedit from db500 days but what replaces these in the uno. I know it uses usb but can I still connect via pc?

Last edited:

ebmitie

Registered
oops i went away, its an original and I have it working now with openATV image and it rocks.

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
open pli is great it has addons if you are a newbie for it if you are not there is blackhole

aslong you have original there will be no probs

i am using 4 images with meoboot on usb

ebmitie

Registered
thanks for that and having more than one image is an idea I would like to try as well but with openATV I am not sure if its possible to use meoboot. I am still learning so will read up more. I want the best hd pic I can possibly get. I have a spider 9000hd at the moment and HD is excellent. I cant compare yet ie side by side as I am still loading stuff on the uno and I have it my my pc.

ebmitie

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
meoboot is for blackhole i just installed blackhole and the meoboot and then i put all the images i want

ebmitie

Registered
ah i am learning, load blackhole etc but what I cant figure yet do i need plugins addons channel listings for each image or use just the same ones for each image. I am keen ti try but as I am new to box will go slow.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Meoboot will import settings and channel data when it installs the image to usb. This feature is selectable.

ebmitie

Registered
out of interest could this be used on a gigablue 800 hd se, and thanks again, its becoming clearer. Dont want to muck up the box by being silly.