Biss help

CellZapper

Registered
When is BISS used.

I looked at the BISS menu on my TM-5400CI+ and it appears to always be "OFF" when viewed no matter what channel is selected (even when a key is present for that provider).

How is it turned on, is it of any use? for general use that is.

I don't understand what it is for....I got the following from Wikipedia

"
Basic Interoperable Scrambling System, usually known as BISS, is a satellite signal scrambling system developed by the European Broadcasting Union and a consortium of hardware manufacturers.

Prior to its development, "ad-hoc" or "Occasional Use" satellite news feeds were transmitted without any encryption. This allowed anyone with the correct equipment to view the program material. Using BISS the transmission is protected by a 12 digit "session key" that is agreed by the transmitting and receiving parties prior to transmission. The key is entered into both the encoder and decoder , this key then forms part of the encryption of the digital TV signal and only receivers with the correct key will decrypt the signal. The system, however, is insecure.

"

I have spent several hours scanning thro' forum's but found no explanation for the use of the BISS menu, other than how to access it and put in keys....

That sounds like a whinge, its not intended to be, everyone is very helpfull, BUT I am curious:confused:

Chris

vana0123

Registered
occasionally biss and cw keys become available to open some channels, usually not for long.
if you check out biss and cw section then go to one of the channels listed,
open your biss menu, scroll to an available line, then enter codes, exit menu and enjoy
but dont forget these code dont normally last for long:mecry:

martysport

Registered
Manually adding keys TM5200 super

Hi, I have a TM5200D super. Works great very happy. I have added the latest patch and softcam files and that works OK with most scrambled channels but I am trying to get INXTC DELIGHT 13E HOTBIRD (Free-x-tv)to work. I have found the following key but havn't a clue what to do with it :eek:

{4A 70 21 AD} **** 9A 00 8D 27 AA DC 15 9B F6 B9 C9 78 EB 78 26 89

A retards guide would be great :thum:

ADDER

Registered
When a new active key is available go to channel you wont to view press 8280 and enter the 32 digit key exit and save.

adder1

Registered
manual update tm1000

When a new active key is available go to channel you wont to view press 8280 and enter the 32 digit key exit and save.

does this also work for TM1000D
Am beginner dont want to mess up reciever
have softcam loaded and patch

Last edited:

musky1970

Registered
put fox sports into tm5200,and how?

yo,can i put this biss into tm5200,and how ta and thaNks for info

musky1970

Registered
eh wot does this mean muka?
i clicked on the link and got the forum rules-does mean wot i thin k it meanz????

CellZapper

Registered
HOW TO BISS

With the TM 5400

You need a patch installed (any patch) and turned on.

THE BIT THAT CONFUSES EVERY BODY about BISS is:
usually when you enter BISS menu you go to the top line that say's OFF, this is because MOST channels are not opened by biss, it is telling you that your current channel is not attempting to use biss in the patch.

Go to a channel you want BISS about with
Use remote code "8280" to open the biss menu directly
Usually it will say OFF
OR it will go directly to the line of biss keys in use.
if you have keys press ok to edit (follow your nose)
DONT ASK ME FOR KEYS I KNOW NOTHING.
If you are at the OFF line move down to a blank line (all zero's) and press ok to edit. (again follow your nose)
when you exit the keys you entered are forever associated with that channel (untill you overwrite the keys with a softcam or patch)
putting in the code 8280 will take you straight too them

If you get BISS keys they often only last hours .

It works, I did once,:thum: problem is you need to find active keys.

DONT ASK ME FOR KEYS I KNOW NOTHING. REALLY NOTHING!!!!
Look at DIABLO key txt files for clues
any tips appreciated

Hope this helps
Chris

drahcirk03

Registered
thank u cz, at last a sensible explanation, yesterday i 232 keys to activate c+ned , but they didnt work, incidentally , i can get cn on my g, card ,but i wanted to use the card for something else. so, do i have to activate the actual line for cn,????/:confused:

Gaz7125

Registered
Hi guys and gals. Fantastic site. Helped me install my motorised system. I have a TM5400 with 80cm dish. Everything is now working fine with your guidance. Just a quick question. When I am in the biss menu and wanter to enter keys, do I replace the first set with the new ones or go down to find an empty line. This may be a basic question to most of you but I have never seen this on any of the forums. Would help not only me but lots of other new people as well. Thank you.

manic01

Super VIP
find an empty line of zeros. You need to be on the encrypted channel when you enter keys. For each channel you enter keys for you must change to that channel first and then enter them - exit and save etc.

alboke

Registered
You must be on the channel when entering the Biss keys. The line will have 32 slots and the Biss key is generally only 16 digits so add zeros for the last 16 slots. use first empty slot

Gaz7125

Registered
Thanks for that guys. That is very clear. A simple question but if you dont know its hard. Thanks again.