Go Back   Sat Universe > HDTV And Ultra HDTV > Octagon HD > Octagon SF8008

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

How to USB flash the Octagon SF8008

Octagon SF8008

Old 13-10-2018, 23:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Board Sponsor

Default How to USB flash the Octagon SF8008

1) Download latest Enigma2 Image of your choice.
2) USB 2.0or 3.0 minimum 2 GB USB stick formatted with FAT32.
3) Unpack the image and copy BOTH the 'octagon' folder and the 'usb_update.bin' to root of the USB stick.
4) Turn off the box.
5) Plug the USB stick into the USB 3.0 port on the right side.
6) Press and hold the standby button and power on the box until "Updt" is displayed.
6) Select "Recovery From USB" from TV screen menu.
7) Box restarts when update is completed.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
Official resellers of Formuler, GiGaBlue, Octagon, Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to World-of-Satellite For This Useful Post:
alfred_1 (22-02-2019), butchyboy (12-08-2019), hapsatjong (08-06-2019), OpenFox (13-10-2018), paul68 (17-10-2018), satsedhu (14-08-2019), ss24ever (12-08-2019), Stunner34 (13-10-2018)
Old 14-10-2018, 09:42  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Board Sponsor

Here's a pdf guide to USB flash the Octagon SF8008.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf How to flash a Octagon SF8008 by USB.pdf (107.3 KB, 470 views)

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
Official resellers of Formuler, GiGaBlue, Octagon, Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to World-of-Satellite For This Useful Post:
alfred_1 (22-02-2019), hapsatjong (08-06-2019), kipp3r (30-10-2018), maumixio (15-10-2018), paul68 (17-10-2018), Serjoga (14-10-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 09:06  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

does this receiver support webinterface flash like dmm? it's enigma2 so i suppose so, but i am not sure.
Old 05-11-2018, 16:42  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 9,635 Times in 1,993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T50 View Post
does this receiver support webinterface flash like dmm? it's enigma2 so i suppose so, but i am not sure.

No that is the only procedure supported by octagon.
The Following User Says Thank You to maumixio For This Useful Post:
oys (05-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 18:17  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

i understand. with which default image this receiver comes from factory? openATV?.
Just another question, is the webinterface manageable through the browser,like any other e2 receiver?
Old 08-11-2018, 20:01  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T50 View Post
i understand. with which default image this receiver comes from factory? openATV?.
Just another question, is the webinterface manageable through the browser,like any other e2 receiver?
Hi T50
Yes OpenA Tv is the base, after you can upload with other image and skin.

Yes ,certainly, Webinterface is manageable with web browser.

Bye Paul
The Following User Says Thank You to paul68 For This Useful Post:
T50 (10-11-2018)
Old 23-07-2019, 06:37  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default sf8008 stopped on boot

good morning my sirs

i faced an big problem with my set

i flashed as normal ( octagon and usb-update.bin )

but machine not started still as died ..

please guide me to flash it through an repaire image

thanks alot.
Old 12-08-2019, 20:08  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

If you have blocked your otgaon SF8008 or juste want to update it to open atv 6.3

you can use this methode (it's a recovery methode)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=zAf1g8WcAfo

PS:It's working great , you must use usb key in fat32 , if don't work on usb 3.0 port , try usb 2.0 port it should york

Ps2: your STB must be connected to internet