Sifteam 0.1.7-r8107 for Mini

hajj_3

Registered
which 1 of these 3 am i renaming bazinshine and what to?

usb_db.img
usb_kernel_root.img
usb_kernel_roob_db.img

i tried renaming the 2nd to: usb_update.img but get the ER 5. I currently have the cli 0.1.0 image on my box.

bazinshine

Registered
i just renamed: usb_kernel_root.img but i now get ER 5 :(

i followed these instructions:

"1. do not plug the USB stick into your receiver yet
2. if necessary, switch on your IPbox; make sure it receives some program
3. switch the box into cold standby: on the front panel, press the I/O switch and the Ok switch simultaneously, the clock appears on your display
4. now, and no sooner, plug the USB stick into the USB slot on the rear of your IPbox
5. Push the front panel I/O switch and do not release it
6. Wait until "BOOTING" appears on your display (whilst still holding the I/O switch)
7. keep on pushing the I/O switch and press the Up key
8. "USB UPDATE" will appear on your display - release the front-panel buttons
9. ERASING will appear on your display, and a slowly incrementing number, this takes quite a while
10. FLASHING will appear on your display, and a slowly incrementing number, this also takes quite a while
11. Then, finally, "DONE" will be displayed: immediately switch of the box using the power switch on the rear
12. Remove the USB stick
13. Switch on your receiver, which will boot the new image
mfg http://www.imagineers.nl/hd900/#USBupdate"

which 1 of these 3 am i renaming bazinshine and what to?

usb_db.img
usb_kernel_root.img
usb_kernel_roob_db.img

i tried renaming the 2nd to: usb_update.img but get the ER 5. I currently have the cli 0.1.0 image on my box.
I know fine well which image is on your box :nana::nana:
Where the hell are you getting these from?
From first post of this MINI thread for image you get attachment, only has 1 file in it, and its called usb_all_noboot.img.......
that gets renamed to usb_update.img

BUT this is incomplete and not full image, so as i told you before you need to first do this from official DGS image for mini.
looking back thread you got wrong box. you got your DGS image from here http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=86321
that is 9000 forum, not 900,, so why you get er5.
i cannot see official DGS mini image here, but you can use NLB image for same thing, as it is full33mb image and is DGS type firmware,, get that here

hajj_3

Registered
ok, i used the nlb you linked, then flashed with sifteam.

what do i need to do now, do i search for channels as i heard uk cable list is included in sifteam, does that mean i wont need to use my db511.dat i got from latest pc editor?

will pc editor work with latest sifteam should i do send to ipbox and over-write the current on there?

cant seem to find cams menu to download any or anything, what buttons do i need to press to do that?

Last edited:

bazinshine

Registered
i not sure on sif firmware, you need to use there plugin system for downloading cams, im sure someone will clarify that.
well you will know if it includes uk because you will see uk scan options of 6887 and 6952, but i am sure its not, but it doesnt matter, you already backed up your database, just use pc-editor to send that to your box,, again same as earlier, leave pc-editor believing your box is cuberevo and not cuberevo mini, send it back, you shouldnt need to scan after reboot box.
and the rest i will leave you too it, now you have latest SIF image on box ;)

hajj_3

Registered
Love the WebIF on this image:)

I can schedule recordings from pc, been waiting for that for AGES!!!