Help IPBOX900HD

cmpw11

Registered
thanks frostie and every1 who helped got my box going only problem now is most channels screens are black

frostie

Registered
Glad you got it working.

On Astra2 most channels are encrypted by BSkyB, for which you need a Sky card and appropriate cam. I've never had Sky so don't know much about it. I do know that you can use Sky cards in cams such as the dragon cam, but I believe you need to put the card into a proper Sky receiver now and again to update it. I don't know if you can do the same with the IPBox built-in cams.

You should be able to get the freesat channels like BBC etc. Receivers like these really only come into their own on satellites other than Astra2.

Sotiris70

Registered
@cmpw11, for the ABcom r8340 image for ipbox 900 HD, there is the addon_version-900HD_sh4_231008 for it. :thum:

john1

Registered
i have same problem in addition to error 79 which i could not install the image.

it means my mini is dead

i do not know if there is a serial update or not

Sotiris70

Registered
i have same problem in addition to error 79 which i could not install the image.

it means my mini is dead

ERR 79 means- version db (settings) incorrect - update settings to correct version (with a flashing image containing the db)

xxxAxxx

Super VIP

it means my mini is dead

no ur mini****90xxx is not dead////

only ur problem is db file is old try to update ur db.dat using ur pceditor update to 7934 will work on r8340 no problem....

note:when you error 79 or panic after u upload db or same think else DO NOT POWER OF THE STB....will show panic or error but kernel will be still alaive just upload again what u removed...

frostie

Registered
Have you unpacked and renamed the image? For loading via usb stick I've had to rename it every time.

cmpw11

Registered
yeah everytime i've tried that, the guy who i bought the box from thinks it could be the sticks i'm using he said hes got 4 sticks 2 work with the box and 2 dont?