Loader/filesender HOW TO PLEASE

lezb

Registered
Many thanks for taking the time to read my request,I have a xtreme 5690 cxci with dreamsoft 1.4.4.8 compiled way back in May 2006.I am a complete new comer to this box and would appreciate a walk through on how to load the current version of 1.4.4.8.

1 What loader do I need to use to achieve my goal.(Version)
2 What settings do I use in the loader I understand the com port to use but would appreciate help with other settings SPEED /DATA BITS/ STOP BITS /PARITY/FLOW CONTROL
3 The method of transfer to the box.I have Illusion box, Clarke Tech and Kaon and understand their loading methods (null modem cable is required etc) it is just the order of procedure that I need IE. load file,send file, is box powered up whilst sending file? or powered up after sending file within a few seconds??Does the box need to be switched off after uploading or is it self setting etc etc
Many thanks in advance for any and all help,I have searched the site manually but have failed to find any of the requested information should I have missed a HOW TO I apologize in advance
Many thanks again
lezb

lunatik2x

VIP
hello, first, welcome in the club my friend,
so for your question, the first step is, download the downloader, you can get it HERE
don't change nothing in the setting, turn on your receiver, connect the cable to the reciver, open the dowloader, choose the file that you want to send to your receiver, press send, then you should see this word in the front panel of the receiver "load" wait until the downloader/sender finish the operation, then you will see a countdown in the front panel of the receiver, don't turn off your receiver, just wait to see this word in the front panel "Good" then everything should work, after all that, enter to the key panel by pressing Menu\key edit\key edit\ press the red button and then press yes, this last operation is for update the keys !
good luck :)

lezb

Registered
Thank you for your welcome and your prompt response to my request for help, all is now clear and I shall now attempt an upload.Could I be presumptuous and ask that your reply be made a sticky as I am sure that it would be of benefit to many members new to this box.
Again many thanks
lezb

lezb

Registered
Update of where I stand at this moment in time,Box on , set com port(4in my case)load file, press send,LOAD appears on the front panel of box,BUT, there,s always a BUT. On the loader I get the response no answer 1,2,3, etc and no progress in data bar.
1 I,am using 9 pin to usb dongle that works fine on all my other boxes all be it that the method of loading my Illusion box and my Clarke tech are different,Illusion is send firmware etc remove power to box and re supply the box in under 3/4 seconds loads no probs.Clarke tech send f/w and it loads automatically without touching the power to the box.So I know that 9pin USB converter works fine.Could it be that I need to switch off the tv before the upload as I recall some boxes required that and others required that the antenna cable be removed before uploading firmware.I,m only guessing and would appreciate the advice of someone wiser than I.
Many thanks in advance
lezb

lunatik2x

VIP
you should unplug all the cables, antenna and LNB and for sur the Tv...
then plug the 9pin cable and start the sender and send the file that you want !

lezb

Registered
You my friend are a star will try that and come back with my results.
thank you for your very quick reply
lezb

lezb

Registered
Problem remains the same LOAD on the box panel but still no answer on loader and nothing in the data load bar with all cables other than the null modem connected.I assume that it is a null cable (CROSSED) and not a straight series cable for transfer other than that I am @ a loss.The box is functioning on free to air and working as should.Any other suggestions to my problem appreciated.Sorry to be such a pest.
lezb

lezb

Registered
Could it be that my EXTREME MSR-5690cxci is not suited to the dreamsoft F/W.Is this model capable of taking any of the alternative uploads??Living in hope.
lezb

lunatik2x

VIP
Problem remains the same LOAD on the box panel but still no answer on loader and nothing in the data load bar with all cables other than the null modem connected.I assume that it is a null cable (CROSSED) and not a straight series cable for transfer other than that I am @ a loss.The box is functioning on free to air and working as should.Any other suggestions to my problem appreciated.Sorry to be such a pest.
lezb
ok let try this, next time leave your receiver Off, open the sender choose the file, and press send, then turn On your receiver...
Could it be that my EXTREME MSR-5690cxci is not suited to the dreamsoft F/W.Is this model capable of taking any of the alternative uploads??Living in hope.
lezb
it's a good question, to know what file you are using on this receiver, press Menu\system set-up\system information\ read the two first lines and the last one, should give you a idea about the file...!

lezb

Registered
In my 1st post I describe that the box is loaded with dreamsoft 1.4.4.8( may 2006) BUT I,am not aware as to whether it worked but in my experience wrong firmware usually results in a jtag problem.Have tried different loaders have tried changing the bits per second rate to 115200 in device manager as advised on a HOW TO I found on the net,have tried all combination's of box OFF box ON while sending software ,still the no answer
and no progress mode persists.
About beat with this one but I am persistent ,have tried file loader(2006)same results all cables attached,NO cables attached.If I change to the wrong port this is reported as port not open so the box is in communication with the laptop but as soon as I push the send data button I get Transmitting.....no answer 1.2.3 etc whether the power is on or off to the box when I send data.
If all else fails is there a method of updating the box with keys using an editor or manually.
Again thanks for any further advice you are able to offer.
lezb

Last edited:

georgeflu

Registered
try the 2003 filesender loader and if still being the no answer in the loader,than the problem is in the usb->serial adapter.there are some usb->serial cables,which of course works,but are incompatible with many receivers.i had the same problem in the past and i solved with a new cable (which i tested before buy it)

lezb

Registered
Inclined to agree with you my friend tried to use the edit programme and whilst it sees the port and installed f/w it can,t send new keys think that you are on the right track.thanks to all who have been kind enough to assist me with my problem,maybe on another occasion I can recipicate that help.
many thanks
lezb