GTMedia V8 Nova Blue Problem

Pattywanker

Registered
Hope I am posting this in the right place as I see the firmware is here.

I just received a GTMedia V8 Nova Blue in the mail today. When I hooked everything up and powered up the unit the panel display goes boot, L009, L021, L025, L093 then I get ---- that is all. There is no image on the tv screen. Anyone else have this happen? If so could you tell me what is wrong and how to fix it. Is this unit bricked?
Thanks in advance.

JAKITAKI

Super VIP
Hope I am posting this in the right place as I see the firmware is here.

I just received a GTMedia V8 Nova Blue in the mail today. When I hooked everything up and powered up the unit the panel display goes boot, L009, L021, L025, L093 then I get ---- that is all. There is no image on the tv screen. Anyone else have this happen? If so could you tell me what is wrong and how to fix it. Is this unit bricked?
Thanks in advance.

- What does "no picture" mean?
- do you have access to the receiver's menu?
- you did a satellite scan

Pattywanker

Registered
The receiver does not enter into the main interface. the tv screen remains blank, and I have no access to the main menu. All the front panel of the receiver shows are 4 dashes.

vakula

Super VIP
Maybe, you could also explain, how the problem was resolved, for someone in the future with similar questions :)

ro_54

Registered
Maybe, you could also explain, how the problem was resolved, for someone in the future with similar questions :)
usually those boxes are sold set on pal/secam display system with no channels list, as for north america we need ntsc system. if your box has an rca port (red, yellow & white), you need to connect it to your ntsc tv and from the scrolling pic go to menu, display & change it to ntsc. then you can connect the hdmi port to the tv, and go from there with the sat list and scan of the channels. it's a bit tricky, but that is what i did with many chinese made boxes. hope this helps.

Diavolo

VIP
here is the place mate too ask how to fix your box
all the best :thum:
here is the tool

Dear Friends:
We uploaded the tool for V7S/V7PLUS/TTpro/V8NOVA/V8HONOR/V8PRO2.
It only for box don't bootup.You can try to force upgrade mode if the box can show ON.
Please read the guide before using the tool.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04/04/2019
1)Suitable for V7S/V7PLUS/TTPRO
2) Suitable for V8NOVA/V8PRO2:D

Last edited: