Celebrity Morgue

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Josef Stalin[/SIZE]

josef-stalin.jpg
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
Josef Stalin died on March 5, 1953 of a brain hemorrhage. That's the official story. Some say that KGB chief Lavrenti Beria may have been responsible for poisoning the dictator. In any event, the funeral for Stalin, who killed so many millions of soviets, was attended by so many people that some were trampled to death in the chaos.
Stalin's body was embalmed and placed next to Lenin's in the tomb at Red Square. But in 1961, with Stalin falling into disgrace, the corpse was quietly removed and buried.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Pol Pot, Genocidal Dictator[/SIZE]

pol-pot.jpg
Pol Pot, the Cambodian dictator and leader of the Khmer Rouge, was responsible for the deaths of 1.5 million. His activities concerning the extermination of 20% of the Cambodian population inspired the award winning movie, The Killing Fields. Pot died at age 73 on April 15, 1998, after several years of ill health. The U.S. was planning to arrest Pot and deport him for a war crimes trial. Oddly, by many accounts, in person he was a nice guy.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Chairman Mao[/SIZE]

chairman-mao.jpg
Mao Tse Tung died in September 1976, and 1,000,000 people attended his funeral in Tiananmen Square. Mao's remains are currently housed in a granite edifice, within a crystal sarcophagus. The tomb was closed in April 1997, and has yet to reopen, apparently due to poor vibes with regard to its geometric placement in accordance with ancient Chinese traditions.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Mother Theresa[/SIZE]

mother-theresa-1.jpg
Mother Theresa died September 5, 1997, in Calcutta, aged 87. Considered by many to be the world's only living saint, her death was overshadowed by the accident which took Princess Diana of Wales' life. India gave an unprecedented state funeral to Theresa.

mother-theresa-2.jpg

Body surrounded by members of her Order of Charity.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Adolf Hitler[/SIZE]

Hitler suicided in the Fuhrerbunker on 22 April 1945, along with his newly wed wife, Eva Braun. After the suicide, their corpses were taken outside, doused with gasoline, and set afire.

It's Hitler, right?

hitler-doppelganger.jpg

This body was discovered by the Russian contingent in Berlin and assumed to be Adolf Hitler. It is actually Gustav Weler, Hitler's doppelganger (body double), who was executed with a gunshot to the forehead.

Hitler's Remains?

hitler-remains.jpg
The remains above are kept in a cardboard box in the State Archives of the Russian Federation, Moscow, where they were removed to after the Russians occupied Berlin. They are believed to be Hitler's -- charred, age 50's, and dead from a gunshot wound suicide

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Sharon Tate[/SIZE]

Sharon Tate, candid

sharon-living-2.jpg
Sharon Tate had up to this point carried only bit parts, but was considered a beautiful and rising actress. Tate met film director Roman Polanski then starred in Valley of the Dolls, followed by The Wrecking Crew with Dean Martin. She married Polanski in January 1968.

Sharon Tate

sharon-living-3.jpg
[SIZE=-1] "Few actresses have her kind of vulnerability. She's got a great future." -- Mark Robson, director, Valley of the Dolls [/SIZE]

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Carole Landis[/SIZE]

carole-living.jpg
carole-landis.jpg
The beautiful film actress Carole Landis committed suicide in Brentwood Heights with an overdose of Seconal, July 5 1948. While she did appear in quite a number of films in the 1940's, her career never met her expectations. By the time she died her contract with 20th Century Fox had been ended.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Che Guevara[/SIZE]

che-alarma.jpg

Image published on the back of Alarma news magazine, 1968.

che-guevara.jpg

On October 9, 1967, Bolivian forces executed Cuban revolutionary Che Guevara, and amputated his hands for identification. Guevara had been agitating in Bolivia, a definite no-no. The location of the body remained a mystery for 30 years, until a search by the Bolivian government uncovered it on a mountainside near Vallegrande. Now, Vallegrande is an epicenter for Che merchandising.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Andrew Cunanan, Serial Killer[/SIZE]

andrew-cunanan.jpg
Andrew Cunanan, at the time wanted for questioning over five murders, shot and killed fashion designer Gianni Versace in front of Versace's Miami home. Part of the mystique involved in the search for Cunanan was due to the fact that the FBI released so many pictures of him, at varying stages of his life. The media morphed him into some type of master of disguise, which he clearly was not. Cunanan suicided July 23, 1997 on a houseboat in Miami.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Evita Peron[/SIZE]

evita-peron.jpg
Evita Peron died July 26, 1952, of uterine cancer in Buenos Aires. Her body was stolen by anti-Peronistas in 1955 and hidden in Italy until 1971. In 1974, Evita's remains were returned to Argentina for burial in the presidential crypt. But two years following that, they were transferred to lie beneath several protective layers of steel in the Duarte family's tomb, at Recoleta cemetery in Buenos Aires.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]John F Kennedy Assassination[/SIZE]

magic-bullet.jpg

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]I M A G E S[/SIZE][/FONT]
The autopsy pictures, taken at Bethesda Naval Hospital on November 22, 1963.
The autopsy sheet from the president's coroner, J. Thornton Boswell.
A photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald, on the slab after his autopsy.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Tiny Tim[/SIZE]

tiny-tim.jpg
Musician Tiny Tim died on November 30th, 1996, aged variously 64 to 66. He had been hospitalized in September after falling off of a stage during a ukelele festival. Tiny Tim gained fame for his "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" rendition, and for the spectacle of marrying Vicki Budinger on the Tonight Show, 1969.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Rudolph Valentino[/SIZE]

rudolph-valentino.jpg
Silent film actor Rudolph Valentino died August 23, 1926, age 31, from complications due to surgery to repair a perforated ulcer. Rudolph was one of the premiere stars of the day, and was given the nickname "The Great Lover", though largely undeserved. Riots occurred in New York City amongst those who were trying to view his body.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Elvis Presley[/SIZE]

elvis-paper.jpg
The National Enquirer achieved yet more notoriety when it published this post-mortem photo of Elvis Presley on September 6, 1977. The King, of course, died on the throne in his bathroom.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Rasputin, the Mad Monk[/SIZE]

rasputin.jpg
The body of the Russian monk and favorite to the czarina, Grigori Efimovich Rasputin (1872-1916). On December 30, 1916, a plot to assassinate Rasputin transpired. The monk drank several glasses of poisoned wine, and consumed several pastries with potassium cyanide as an active ingredient. When this failed to stop Rasputin, he was shot by Prince Felix Yusupov, shot again, stabbed repeatedly, and finally met his end drowned in the icy Neva river. There are stories that Rasputin's penis was severed from his body prior to his demise, but we believe those to be false.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Lenny Bruce Dead[/SIZE]

lenny-bruce.jpg

Who among us could boast a finer set of achievements:
  • Transformed stand-up comedy from the banal world of the 1950's to the banal world of today's Gallagher.
  • Coined the expression "T&A" (Tits and Ass).
  • Recieved an undesirable discharge from the U.S. Navy for wearing a woman's uniform, although he specifically emphasized his heterosexuality.
  • Married a stripper.
  • Arrested for impersonating a priest while attempting to solicit "donations".
  • Blacklisted by nearly every comedy club in the United States, not because they didn't want him, but because they were afraid authorities would shut the clubs down.
  • Died naked August 3, 1966 of a morphine overdose.
lenny.jpg
"If there was absolute freedom, people would run over babies and charge admission." Or post your death pics on the net.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Marilyn Monroe[/SIZE]
marilyn-monroe.jpg
[FONT=arial,helvetica"] Norma Jean Baker [/FONT]
Marilyn Monroe was found dead from an overdose of sleeping pills on August 5, 1962, by her housekeeper Eunice Murray. She was naked, atop her telephone on her bed, with unhealthy levels of barbiturates in her bloodstream. But the typical signs of barbiturate overdose were completely absent.
Supposedly, Monroe had had an abortion at Cedars of Lebanon Hospital on the 20th of July. It has been said that she had as many as a dozen abortions over the years. But certainly it is well known that she was terminated by her job at Fox Studio. And there were problems with her relationship with Robert F Kennedy; he was not returning her calls.
Evidence is missing, including the original autopsy, her supposed suicide note (which mentioned suicide not at all), and original police report. Furthermore, the first officer at the death scene has publicly disputed the suicide finding.
In 1985, a 20/20 episode was to air where Robert Slatzer postulates that Monroe was killed by Bobby Kennedy, or was in his presence when she died. The show is cancelled.
Marilyn is buried at Westwood Memorial Cemetery.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]John Dillinger, Public Enemy #1[/SIZE]

Corpse
john-dillinger.jpg
Dillinger escaped from prison on March 3, 1934, from an escape-proof cell using a wooden gun he fashioned. After resuming his chosen career, and evading an FBI ambush in which two agents were accidentally killed, J. Edgar Hoover named Dillinger Public Enemy #1. But the FBI shot him on July 22 at a north Chicago movie theatre.

Toe

dillinger-toe-tag.jpg
Spectators kept removing the toe tags as a macabre souvenir.

Schlong

john-dillinger-schlong.jpg
After this photo was distributed, tales of John Dillinger's legendary manhood spread. There are apocryphal stories of owning his severed organ, keeping it in a box, etc. People: That's the gangster's arm, in rigor mortis.

RIDER

Super VIP
[SIZE=+2]Lindbergh Baby Kidnapping[/SIZE]

Lindbergh
spirit-st-louis.jpg
In the Spirit of St. Louis, on May 20, 1927 Charles A. Lindbergh becomes the first man to cross the Atlantic ocean solo, in 33.5 hours. He becomes an instant worldwide celebrity of the first order.

Kidnapped

lindbergh-wanted.jpg
On March 1, 1932, an unknown person kidnaps Lindbergh's son, aged 20 months, from their residence in Hopewell, New Jersey. The child had been sleeping since 7:30 PM, and discovered missing at 10:00 PM. But a mere two months prior, Charles Lindbergh played a prank on the household where he pretended the child was kidnapped. This time however, the threat was real, and a ransom note was discovered on the windowsill of the nursery.

Ransom

lindbergh-ransom.jpg
[SIZE=-1] The second of thirteen ransom notes: [/SIZE]
Dear Sir. We have warned you note to make anything public also notify the police now you have to take consequences -- means we will have to hold the baby until everything is quite. We can note make any appointments just now. We know very well what it means to us. It is realy necessary to make a world affair out of this, or to get your baby back as soon as possible to settle those affair in a quick way will be better for both -- don't be afraid about the baby -- keeping care of us day and night. We also will feed him acording to the diet.
We are interested to send him back in gut health. And ransom was made aus for 50000$ but now we have to take another person to it and probably have to keep the baby for a longer time as we expected. So the amound will be 70000 20000 in 50$ bills 25000$ in 20$ bill 15000$ in 10$ bills and 10000 in 5$ bills Don't mark any bills or take them from one serial nomer. We will form you latter were to deliver the mony. But we will note do so until the Police is out of the cace and the pappers are quite. The kidnapping we prepared in years so we are prepared for everyding.

Discovery

A ransom of $50,000 is paid in gold certificates. This excuse is used by President Roosevelt to recall all gold certificates everywhere in the U.S., on punishment of ten year jail sentence. Oh, what conspiracy hath necessity wrought! But then..
May 12 1932, the decomposed and animal-eaten body of Lindbergh's son is discovered by truck driver William Allen, about two miles from the family home. Cause of death was apparently a fractured skull, and Lindbergh identified the body though a birth defect of one of the toes. The aviator ordered the body cremated, without a full autopsy.

Hauptmann

bruno-hauptmann.jpg
Bruno Richard Hauptmann, an illegal German immigrant, was arrested on September 19, 1934 with a ransom bill on his person. Furthermore he had hidden in his garage $14,000 of the Lindbergh ransom money. Though he denied all involvement, and the evidence on him is shaky at best, he was convicted in a circus atmosphere and executed on April 3, 1936 in Trenton, NJ.

RIDER

Super VIP
Pennywise Bassist Dead

Jason Thirsk, former bassist for the hardcore punk band Pennywise, was found dead at his Hermosa Beach home on July 29 1996, aged 27. He had been battling depression and alcoholism (the reason he was removed from the band.) Somewhat later, All Star Magazine reported that "some sick fans got hold of the suicide photos" and the band was attempting to have them somehow removed from the Internet.