Diablo Cam 2.3 - fdisk error

joshua197

Registered
My Diablo CAM 2.3 has Underworld 1.51 installed on it. Had no problem with this since the day I bought it. However, I went to update some keys the other day using my CAS 3+ within the Diablo CAM FileSystem section of the software and when you click 'connect' a dialog is displayed stating 'No Response from CAM'.

Fine, I thought. I'll reformat the CAM. However, after the initial messages saying 'Please wait...' another dialog is displayed, stating 'fdisk error'. I've even tried to restore a backup, but this time it states 'Unknown CAM Type'.

What is even weirder is that in CAS Studio Utilities/Common Interface Host, the CAM correctly initialises as Underworld 1.51 and all of the menus are avialable.

CAS Studio is 8.6b.

Help anyone please!!

98Bandit

Registered
Few month ago I had the same problem, its no Softwareproblem your Cam have an defect.You have a broken Resistance, which not allow connect the cam with the CAS Interface, sent it back to repair, or if it has guarantee change it.:(Greetz 98 Bandit

joshua197

Registered
Oh dear.

It's still under warranty. At least I bought it less than 12 months ago. I'll speak to my supplier and try to get him to change it.

Many thanks 98Bandit

joshua197

Registered
Something weird going on here. Following my last posts, I thought I would try the Diablo again, before I took it back to the dealer. It had been in my for a couple of nights during which the temperature had dropped to about -6C. Lunchtime today, I stuck it in the CAS3+ and lo and behold, I formatted it, upgraded it to Underworld 1.53, and added the latest keys.
Following this, I put it in the receiver, which recognised it no problem and Canal+ Nordic opened no problem.
Can anyone explain this. Is the low temperature significant? I'll have to wait to see how long it lasts.

dxdy

VIP
i have Diablo 2 years and working on high temperature few hours at day, sometimes almost all day... never have problems...

Dumbo

Registered
I think your cam is ok. But if the same trouble comes back you may be have to check your USB-cable to the Cas3.
I had a simular problem with my Cas3, and when I change the cable all was ok again.

petpet

Registered
I agree with Dumbo
I have also seen this problem
In my case it has been when I tried to update CAS to a newer version, and the driver did not install correctly, after installing and everything works, when plugging in the USB in another USB Port, it did not configure correctg in the next USB port, and I could only clear that problem by removing the driver and re-install the driver.
However I think it is related to
either some of my USB ports not able to supply enough current to the CAS3 or teh processor busy by doing something else, when CAS driver were installed

In all case I were successfull by removing the driver from Vista device manager from all USB ports, and running install program on CAS8.6 again, before I plugged in the CAS first time,
and with nothing else running on my PC
(manual search for driver in install package and re-install the driver)