Best Blind Scan Receiver for Feed Hunting

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I think a PC Card will always beat a receiver as it has far more processor power unless it is a very old computer.

Ramboide

Registered
I think a PC Card will always beat a receiver as it has far more processor power unless it is a very old computer.

It could be a good solution, once the feed is found with the PC card, search de transponder with the receiver, frequency and all the parameters of the feed found. I don't have this stuff, I have several receivers, one of them is Linux.

Last edited:

Ramboide

Registered
Does it support 4: 2: 2 format?

I have read by an user in another forum that it is possible to watch the channels with this format through the transmission, streaming, to the PC using VLC. I have not tried this yet.

william-1

Feed Hunter
My Best Blind Scan receivers currently in use:-

*1/Edision primo IP S2 H.265 HEVC HD
*2/Octagon SX88+ H.265 HEVC HD
*3/Octagon SX88 H.265 HEVC HD
4/Technomate TM6902HD
5/Technomate TM5502HD
6/Amiko A4K UHD H264
7/Technomate TM5302HD
8/Technomate TM5402HD M3

*= with Multi-Stream

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Despite installing the blindscan plugin on my vu ultimo 4k running openpli 6.2, it will not scan. It gives an error message that I cannot remember and I am at work so can't check.

william-1

Feed Hunter
william-1 Does Edision have a choice of scanned frequency and polarization range?

No like the SX88+ the Edision Blind Scans all of the Ku band in one go using both polarizations with no operator selection of these parameters.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Blind Scan guide for H.265 HEVC HD satellite receivers such as the Octagon SX88+ & the Edision primo IP S2,

Blind Scan
Delete dead transponders on the satellite you are about to Blind Scan
Now Blind Scan the Satellite for example Eutelsat 10A @ 10 east
The Blind Scan will pick up all transponders from 10 east & 9 east

So I do a FTA TV only Blind Scan
You can then view the FTA TV channels,
Switch the receiver to standby for 20 sec

Now Manual Scan for encrypted transponders in the data base
Tick the transponders not scanned in the FTA mode,
Now add the code if known for the other transponders to view,

Save your channel list & other data to a USB stick
The data collected from the SX88+ can also be used on the Edision primo as the channel lists on these receivers is the same format,
Then you can have a channel list starting at 53 east to 34.5 west in sequence as I have on the SX88+,

The Edision primo came with Astra 19.2 east 1st followed by Hotbird 13 east then the rest of the satellites,
I was not keen on this so was able to change this using the SX88+ Channel List.

viktor9201

Registered
Azbox MiniMe supports:

•DVB-S QPSK 4.2.0 MPEG2

•DVB-S QPSK 4.2.0 MPEG4

•DVB-S QPSK 4.2.2 MPEG2

•DVB-S2 QPSK 4.2.0 MPEG2

•DVB-S2 QPSK 4.2.0 MPEG4

•DVB-S2 QPSK 4.2.2 MPEG2

•DVB-S2 8PSK 4.2.0 MPEG2

•DVB-S2 8PSK 4.2.0 MPEG4

•DVB-S2 8PSK 4.2.2 MPEG2
Please tell me, AzBox HD Premium Plus also supports all of these formats?

william-1

Feed Hunter
Please tell me, AzBox HD Premium Plus also supports all of these formats?

Yes possible ? but like your box it does not support MPEG-4 in 4:2:2 as this is what is now used by 20% of feeds so it is of lesser use for feeds in MPEG-4 4:2:2 as MPEG-4 4:2:0 is still widely used for feeds for now,

So to recap this was the best receiver for feed Hunting AzBox HD Premium+ but alas it no more,

Currently the best Blind Scan receivers used by me for feed hunting are:-

Octagon SX88+ Optima
Technomate TM5302HD
Octagon SX88 4K UHD

I will dig out my AZBox Premium+ later as I do not think it does 4:2:0 in DVB-S2 :eek:

Last edited:

william-1

Feed Hunter
My AZBox Premium+ has an excellent Detailed Blind Scan select any part of the Ku Band in steps to find all symbol rates 600 to 45,000 but cannot resolve DVB-S2 HD MPEG-4 in 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 :eek:
Sad to say like a lot of satellite receivers the software let's it down.

My SX88 Optima can resolve DVB-S2 HD MPEG-4 & has a fast accurate Blind Scan maybe they will do a 4:2:2 version one day,

I am currently re-testing the Octagon SX88 4K UHD S2+IP with the latest software 1.05.42 this receiver also has an excellent Blind Scan :D

Last edited:

manikm

Registered
Yes possible ? but like your box it does not support MPEG-4 in 4:2:2 as this is what is now used by 20% of feeds so it is of lesser use for feeds in MPEG-4 4:2:2 as MPEG-4 4:2:0 is still widely used for feeds for now,

So to recap this was the best receiver for feed Hunting AzBox HD Premium+ but alas it no more,

Currently the best Blind Scan receivers used by me for feed hunting are:-

Octagon SX88+ Optima
Technomate TM5302HD
Octagon SX88 4K UHD

I will dig out my AZBox Premium+ later as I do not think it does 4:2:0 in DVB-S2 :eek:

hey mate, do you prefer your TM5302HD over the 5502 nowadays - or are the Octagons your preferred choice...