Usals problem on Edision OsMio 4K plus

paolo71roma

Registered
Hi all, I have an OsMio 4K plus connected with a Stab HH120 and 1mt Gibertini. I'm using this motorized system since a long time (more than 10 years) with other receivers like TBS 5925 and laptop, an Azbox HD premium plus, a Clarke tech 2100. I recently bought an Edision for expanding my sat technology. Everything was perfect till today when suddenly I cannot move my dish automatically, using Usals. I found out that my Edision cannot change the position automatically when I want to change satellite. I was operating normally, but this morning something happened and I cannot understand what is the problem. I thought it was a motor problem but when I connect it with other receivers I had no problem at all, moving normally and automatically for any satellite ! But nothing......through the Edision (I tried both sat inputs with the same result) I cannot move the dish automatically, but only manually....I mean with the GOTO X or GOTO 0. Only changing channel and satellite I get........NO Signal (it stands on the last satellite position). I hope my HH120 is still good ! I cannot understand what is the problem. I hope someone can explain what's wrong with the EDISION or at least the STAB. I din't change any setting since last week !! Thank you so much !

dish5289

Registered
Ciao. Credo di avere lo stesso problema tuo, tant'è vero che ho deciso di venderlo. Praticamente, da quando l'ho comprato (Marzo scorso), non è stato mai usato.

Vass!

Registered
Give the command "Go to 0". Then the command "Disable limits". Do it two or three times.
This is a typical issue for Edision, regardless of the model. Also, Usals doesn't always work very accurately.
For antennas larger than 1 meter and more, use Diseqc 1.2 .
Works better!:)

paolo71roma

Registered
After some tests and attempts, I found out that the problem was the RF cable connecting the unit to a passive switch (about 1,5 meters). The cable was defective and I replaced it with a new one, better quality. Now it seems Usals works as usual with no problem. Outside, on the Stab, I had to clean the F connectors (sometimes it is useful to clean them because of the dirt and the moisture).