What's the best feed hunting satellite receiver at a reasonable price

brickie

Registered
I'm looking for a good all rounder blind search receiver for feed hunting.
So far I have been looking at, OCTAGON SF8008 S2X TWIN 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 and the Edision OS mio+ PLUS 4K UHD.

Are there any others I should be considering.

TIA.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Viark Sat 4K is very good nice tuner sensitive for weak feeds
decent speed for blind scanning too ,
Non 4K box which is still my fav is TM5402 M3 but no more support is the big downside .
The VU+ Zero 4K is another with very accurate Blind scanning but can take time to scan , there is lots to choose from so best option is look through these Sat boxes and find what suits your needs HERE => https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers

brickie

Registered
Thanks lads I do own a TM-5402 HD M3 CI already and a
TechniSat SkyStar S2 for 4.2.2 Feeds. It's been a while since I used them and I have not been on the forum for a while.
I didn't realise that the TM-5402 was still regarded as a good receiver for blind search and as you say it's not supported anymore.
I suppose it's still the case that no one receiver can do it all but I'm looking for something that is somewhat future proof if their is such a thing in the sat world.

william-1

Feed Hunter
As new innovations in transmission types continues to evolve so nothing except broadcast satellite for DTH will stay the same for now.