[Plugin] Merlin Remuxer

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
enigma2-plugin-extensions-merlinremuxer

-> Remux TS to MKV (in the context menu of the MovieSelection)
-> Remux List (event info (i.e. long press info button)

With this plugin you can remux your TS files as MKV files.
You can specify a start and end point for the video (i.e. cutting) and select the audio tracks that should be retained.
The remux process takes place completely in the background so that the box can still be operated.
You can see the status of the Remux processes with "long info" -> Remux List, if you are using Merlin4 and your trusted Skinner has built it in, you see a display in the skin. You can start as many remux processes as you want,
the list is then processed sequentially.
With "long info" -> Remux List you can also cancel the process.
A remux process can save an enormous amount of hard drive space, because when remuxing I only leave the video and audio tracks in the file and remove the rest, and of course even more if you cut off the pre- and post-time.

The plugin is actually self-explanatory:

1.png

Target: the original TS file name is automatically used as the standard, you can adapt the file name or generate it from the metadata (press Menu -> Generate file name from metadata)

directory: with left / right you can select existing target directories (which you have already selected for remuxing), or click "ok" to navigate to a new directory and, if required, create a bookmark for remux

Start / Stop: here you can determine the start and stop point for the MKV with your own editing editor -> unfortunately this cannot be determined with frame accuracy using E2 means, so you need a little feeling for! )
-> when remuxing, I always use an I-frame as a starting point, so that everything is clean

2.png

829/5000
Soundtracks: Here you can select the soundtracks that should be transferred to the MKV (standard is always ALL selected)

Create m.e.t.a file: the m.e.t.a file (if available) is generated on the basis of the TS file for the MKV, of course the film length is adjusted if you have cut the video.
MKV's and m.e.t.a files can be used in the Merlin4 image. If you are not using a Merlin4 image, it is best to deactivate this option.

Create EIT file: the EIT file (if available) of the TS file for the MKV is copied so that you still have event information.

Show Messagebox after remuxing: -> a dialog appears after remuxing, giving you the opportunity to view the MKV file immediately and to check whether everything is OK and / or to delete the source file immediately.

3.png

The plugin works in every current image and is also on the Merlin feeds.

Version 1.5
-VideoDB Support -> after successful remux, the database entry in the VideoDB for the MKV can be updated at the push of a button, the source file (TS file) is replaced with the target file (MKV) in the VideoDB database
-Letters?,. are allowed as file names
-The Choicebox after remuxing now has a timeout (30 seconds) -> these messages can be viewed with the notification viewer (this is activated in Merlin), or via "Lang Info" -> Merlin Remux -> menu press -> notification overview
- Nofitications are no longer displayed in the CutEditor and Remux-MoviePlayer
- From now on, the last selected target directory is suggested for the next remux process, as well as whether an EIT or **** file should be created or not