Strong SRT 4922B+ Stuck on Dubai

paul1nz

Registered
I recently obtained a Strong SRT 4922B+ and found that it has been preset to Dubai and there is no adjustment to alter the location. Consequently the only satellites that the box loads is what covers the Middle East which is a fat lot of good as I am in New Zealand.

A work around I think would be to access the satellites file and replace those listed with Asia/Pacific. Anyone know how to gain entry to the file system?

Many thanks ....

paul1nz

Registered
Further to my original post, the satellite list is woefully out of date. In their infinite wisdom Strong have not included the ability to add new satellites to the list. This severely limits the use of the box.

Contacting Strong's support has so far been a fruitless exercise as the only information they have supplied is how to edit existing satellites and not to add new satellites.

At the end of the satellite list there are a number of entries in the menu that in theory is where additional satellites can be entered but they do not give a means of adding the necessary data.

They do give a means of creating a virtual RS232 socket but again there is no information provided that will enable access to the box.

One way of updating the existing satellite list would be to do this by accessing the file system and amending the satellite list file. One would think that an FTP program would be able to achieve this but so far no luck in gaining access.

Anyone have any ideas?