New BISS algo? (TESTCA @ 7°E)

ZinnetiG

Registered
Hello guys.
I have recorded this feed for a while, trying to find the C8.
7.0°E 11022_H_7200
I got the following:
Code:
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:3C FC 42 DE E2 70 84 9A  [O] Count:14145
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:22 52 EE 93 31 A2 D1 0F  [E] Count:6935
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:9A 38 70 8D 5C 95 AB 27  [O] Count:5377
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:9F BE E2 B9 1C 99 DB 90  [E] Count:3144
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:BC B6 9F 82 51 9F 9F 97  [O] Count:2001
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:4D 7E FF B3 30 FB 4B 46  [O] Count:2
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:96 50 82 0E 8B DD CC A6  [O] Count:2
PID: 200h  B8h-Crypt8:EF 59 23 AB 3A FF FF 84  [E] Count:2
No one is a valid C8 (B8 or 08...)
Vplug and other EMU's say it's BISS, but ECM is not fixed.
Is there anybody who knows what it is???

TESTCA.ts sample HERE

Last edited:

siawoosh

Feed Hunter
Seems Biss-2
CASID is 2610 not 2600 so seems we faced new version of Biss

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
Seems Biss-2
CASID is 2610 not 2600 so seems we faced new version of Biss

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Yes, another feed of this kind was active some days ago: same ID and satellite, but 10982 V 14400. It was winter sport, a bobsleigh event.
Biss2, other tests... :rolleyes:

ZinnetiG

Registered
BISS-CA : EBU Royalty Free, Open Standard Conditional Access by ATEME
Apr 05 , 2018

PARIS, DENVER, SINGAPORE, SAO PAULO, April 05 2018 – ATEME, a global leader of compression solutions for broadcast, cable, DTH, IPTV and OTT, announces today the availability of BISS-CA (EBU Tech 3292-1) support in the TITAN and Kyrion products.

The BISS-CA is an enhanced, secured solution of the BISS protocol with dynamic rolling keys support; which unlike other proprietary solutions, enables interoperability of any standard compliant encoder and receiver, with a conditional access controller. The BISS-CA solution can add or remove a specific receiver or several receivers in real-time, without any distraction to other receivers. It is a royalty free, open standard developed by the EBU Technology & Innovation to strengthen live content security.

Future-proof: Open standard allowing workflow flexibility.
Secure: 128-bit rolling keys.
Agility: Management of one or many receivers as per distribution rights.
OPEX savings: based on open royalty free standard.

‘’We are pleased to assist the EBU Technology & Innovation with the introduction and launch of BISS-CA“, said Julien Mandel, Contribution Marketing Manager at ATEME. “With ATEME’s high video quality at low bitrate and the royalty free secured BISS-CA we enable our partners to continue and reduce their OPEX.”

Mr Adi Kouadio, Development Lead at EBU Technology & Innovation, says: “Developing this new technology standard was a great collaboration between the EBU and key industry players such as ATEME to address an important business need in the world of live content exchange. ATEME’s unique competence and reliability were key to achieve our goals. ”

Martin.Wigston

Registered
Yes, not all feeds will switch to Biss2 but I wonder whether there is a solution for Biss2.

I see no reason why we couldn't build new RBT's for BISS2 but not BISS-CA.

A BISS2 RBT would have to be considerably bigger, someone who understands this better than me might confirm this.

Evg77734

Registered
Now BISS is divided into BISS1 mode 1, BISS2 mode 1 and BISS 2 mode CA and oscam already knows how to work with everyone.
But for BISS 2 mode CA, EMM keys are needed - these are RSA private keys, which are stored in external PEM files and loaded when OSCam-Emu is started.
All this is described in the link above.
But there will be sometime RSA keys in free access, I do not know.

campag5242

Feed Hunter
I see no reason why we couldn't build new RBT's for BISS2 but not BISS-CA.

A BISS2 RBT would have to be considerably bigger, someone who understands this better than me might confirm this.

Key increases from 48bits to 128bits, so it will take much, much longer to cover the keyspace. And that's without knowing how fast cuda aes implementations are relative to cuda csa.

You could increase the chain length to offset the extra disk space required, at the cost of increased lookup times.

Looks way, way out of reach to me with current tech.

nautilus7

VIP
Yep, also the DVB-CISSA algorithm used in BISS2 (in both mode 1 and mode CA), which is essentially AES128 CBC, only encrypts the payload in chunks of 16 bytes. If the payload is not multiple of 16, then it lefts these last 1-15 bytes in the clear. It does not do padding like the DVB-CSA. So maybe rainbow attacks are not possible (I am not an expert at all in cryptography, perhaps I am wrong).

So, it seems the only solution is to have 128 byte CWs (in case of mode 1) or EMM/RSA private keys (in case of mode CA) leaked from the broadcasters.

Last edited: