Nokia N85

sesedor

Registered
Some really lucky people have managed to get a sneak peak at an upcoming Nseries device - the Nokia N85…
Nokia-N85-N79-and-5800-Tube-Leaked-2.jpg

Information about the device and specs is very minimal, but both Symbian-Freak and the Part-Time Phone Reviewer have given us hints as to what we can expect from this device.

Read on for more…

Symbian-Freak:

‘I got it together with the Tube and few other N and E series devices but without any specifications and had it just for few hours, I tried to extract some info, at least the screen resolution but unfortunately it was impossible to install anything on that device, it was early proto model , that early that cover looked like the “handmade”.
However, screen looks pretty good, pixel density is on the acceptable level (I’ve compared it with the ‘Tube’s’ screen and it looks even better mainly because screen is physically smaller) , definitely a step in the right direction but I have to say that it is not the touch based phone, and it has no a large high-resolution screen like we can find on the ‘Tube’.
All in all it looks like N93 successor (Next Story in Video) packed into different form factor.’

Part-Time Phone Reviewer:

‘I’ve got some info that proves that there will be at least 2 new resolutions coming to (or at least supported by) Nokia devices running Symbian 9.3 (FP2)…
…The new resolutions are… 320×480 (This is the resolution that the N85 will almost certainly use)… and 640×480…
Now I know you’re all wondering where I got this info from and just how credible it is, but let me just say that I’ve had my “hands” on some upcoming devices and explored them…’

Other sources indicate that the N85 will be far superior than the soon to be released N96 and its dimensions will be a lot smaller - it is set to truly replace the Nokia N95 8GB.

From the information that has been revealed so far, the N85 looks to be a very exciting addition to the Nseries range and I can’t wait to see what will be uncovered in the weeks to come…

Anyone know where I can find a friend that works for Nokia!?