Service Unavliable, Check Configuration

Dbitalia

Registered
Since upgrading to VTI 4.2 i am unable to view any satellites, every time i try select a channel i am presented with the error "Service Unavailable, Check Configuration" I noticed that the bouquets are available but all of the channels have N/A

I reinstalled the image and setup my motor with the following :

Config mode: Simple
Mode: Positioner
Longitude: 000.700 East
Latitude: 051.500 North

I know these are the correct settings as this is the config used by the installer & has been working fine until i reinstalled the image.

I also tried a service scan which completes but zero services are found. Could it be a faulty lnb? Strange how it was working fine prior to upgrading.

Any tips guys as i just cannot see where i am going wrong.

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Try different channel settings to the ones you use now or rescan the NA usually mean some incompatibilty bettween the setting sat.xml and the positions the image has.

Dbitalia

Registered
Thanks for the reply...

I tried different settings and i can now see the corresponding channels in each bouquet however i still have the the issue of no picture. SNR is still at 0%.

It makes me think its a hardware issue but it was working perfectly fine before i tried to update the image..

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
try an FPGA Update from plugins,after its updated switch off and back on again.

Dbitalia

Registered
I tried that several times but it made no difference. Could it be possible the box has gone faulty?

It just makes no sense as it was working perfect before the upgrade, could the image have bricked the box?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i would try another image,it could possibly be a bad flash,i prefer blackhole images they are very stable,i dont think the image will brick the box,have you inserted the cable in the correct port ???? LNB IN

Dbitalia

Registered
I triple checked all the connections, i have flashed the box several times with 4.2 but I'm wondering there may be some files left in the flash causing issues?

Is there a way to erase the flash completely prior to installing a new image?

Good idea on the other image, will give it a go and let you know ten outcome

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
do you know what satellite your dish is on if so do a factory reset then set it up as simple one single sat,send disceq = no then try a scan

Dbitalia

Registered
Its a triax 1.1 meter dish.. will give that a go as it may be easier than loading a new image

Dbitalia

Registered
several people have mentioned to me about satellites.xml, what do i need to do as i usually just download preddrag settings which includes the xml and have never had issues before

Dbitalia

Registered
Did that but im still experiencing the same issue, agc is around 50% but 0% on SNR. Every time i zap a channel i get the flashing image indicating the movement of the dish but still no picture??

Dbitalia

Registered
Its definitely not the dish guys as i restored the factory Vu image along with default sat lists and i was able to view without issues. It must be something in the image as when i move sats and select a channel i will get picture & sound for s split second then it goes blank?

Last edited:

Dbitalia

Registered
Tried with blackhole image but get exactly the same issue. Any other ideas guys as I'm starting to loose hope :-(

Dbitalia

Registered
do you know what satellite your dish is on if so do a factory reset then set it up as simple one single sat,send disceq = no then try a scan

I did what you mentioned brummie and i am able to clear the channels for the configured sat, however as soon as i switch back to positioner mode & enter my motor settings i get the same issue.

Any ideas where i go from here?

Dbitalia

Registered
Made some progress to tonight, still slightly confused tho!

I restored the factory image along with default sat lists (13 & 28 E) and the motor settings I have always used. I was able to clear channels on both sats which to me would rule out any hardware issues.

I then installed vti image along with the same default sat lists and I was able to clear channels on both sats, I Could not do this previously, only oem image would clear any channels.

Now the problem I have is that when I load settings from the net I cannot clear any of the channels that the settings allow me to access. I always get the same error "check tuner config".

I never had a problem with using channel lists before, simply download & copy to the box.

Any ideas what may be the issue here?