VU+ Duo vs. Uno

bjluv

Registered
can anyone tell the distinct different between the Duo and Uno. I would like to buy one of these soon. I can see that the Uno have DVB-C/T and I am wondering if it comes with the DVB-S2 and can I watch satellite and at the same time record on the DVB-C tunner.

Should I just get the Duo and forget about the Uno?

It will be perfect to have both S and C so that I can watch maybe satellite and record from cable. And maybe watch a satellite channel and also record another satellite channel at the same time :D

I have satellite dish and also cable at home. Thanks.

keano16

Donating Member
M8 the uno only has one tuner so you can not use both cable and sat.

The VU+Duo has two tuners but these are fixed to the board and can not be removed, they are DVB-S2 tuners.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
no i think you must have read about the DM8000, unless the new ultimo can do this.

bjluv

Registered
so there is no big difference with uno and solo then except for the System-on-chip, CPU and ram. OK maybe I will just have to settle with the Duo then. Would have liked to have DVB-C with the box :D

You know any box like this?

keano16

Donating Member
I use to use DVB-C and DVB-S2 in my cuberevo ( ipbox9000 ) but since cable went to nagra 3 and with no one knowing how to extract RSA key from the receivers I ditched the DVB-C.

Trouble with cuberevo the E2 support is now dead and I only like E2.

You could look at a DB8000 or wait for the new VU+Ultimo which has 3 plug and play tuners.

Why you so keen on having DVB-C ?

Last edited:

bjluv

Registered
Why you so keen on having DVB-C ?

Not really keen about C but would be nice to have it with the S box since my TV now does not have either T or C integrated. I do watch channels on cable too :)

I am anyway planning to buy a new TV that will come with tuners so I can live without the C :D I just hope Vu+ Duo will live up to all the hype...

1198s

Registered
hi, you can add an USB tuner DVB-C/T HD
i bought it and tested it with vu+duo, dm500hd, dm800se, xtrend and work fine for me

bjluv

Registered
That would be nice to add USB tuner for DVB-C to the box. Hope I can also record from this tuner too :D Can you please test? ;)

Thanks

cristo4

Registered
i myself have a VuDuo and an usb DVB-C/DVB-T tuner and i watch and/or record without any problem from cable or terestrial while i watch from DVB-S.
But if i were in your position i would wait just a litle bit...until new Vu ultimo appears!( i will buy it anyway for me)

freck

Registered
I'd agree with cristo above,wait for the Ultima and you wont be disappointed....maybe with the price but the receiver will be the best out there.
Freck

bjluv

Registered
ok people.. i have been away from this game for a while now. Now im back and I do really need to get a receiver now. My TV now has DVB-C/T so I do not need to worry about that.

Question is, I need a box that is very relevant to our times now and which I could use to record programs on one channel while watching on another. Is VU+ still the deal?

Thanks for your replies.

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
The available stuff which showed good performance so far:
Vu+ Ultimo
Gigablue Quad
Vu+ Duo

coming soon :
Vu+ Solo2 and Duo2

DM 7020 HD should be a good twin receiver option